Women's Equality Day observance held at Camp Zama
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsAugust 29, 2014
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (Aug. 29, 2014) -- The U.S. Army Aviation Battalion hosted a "Women's Equality Day" observance on Aug. 26 at the Camp Zama Community Activity Center, here.
Women's Equality Day commemorates women's struggle for equal rights and the day also recognizes women's achievement in history and continuing efforts toward full equality.
After an invocation and renditions of the American and Japanese National Anthems, by the U.S. Army Japan Band, a formation of troops and an award presentation was held.
Guest speaker, Col. Thirsa Martinez, commander of the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity- Japan, talked about how women advance in today's society.
Martinez said by knowing where to find mentorship and where to get training, she learned how to advance herself in today's Army.
The ceremony was concluded with audience members singing the USARJ March and the Army Song.
- September 19, 2019USAG Japan unveils housing ideas, seeks input at community forum
- September 12, 2019Camp Zama, neighboring city enhance readiness during disaster drill
- September 12, 2019Camp Zama resiliency event promotes importance of Army suicide prevention training
- September 12, 2019Weston speaks at luncheon honoring Women's Equality
- September 12, 2019LRMC celebrates Women's Equality
- September 12, 2019Women's Equality Day celebrates 99 years of 19th Amendment
- September 12, 2019Jackson hosts Women's Equality Luncheon
- September 12, 2019SMDC, Team Redstone hosts Women's Equality Day
- September 12, 2019Women's Equality Day: Recognizing the significance of women's contributions
- September 12, 20193ID Celebrates Women's Equality Day
- September 12, 2019Recruiting Command's senior enlisted leader inspires women's equality observers
- September 12, 2019JBSA community celebrates women's equality
- September 12, 2019Women's Equality Day: Inclusion, talent management is the way ahead