Women's Equality Day observance held at Camp Zama
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsAugust 29, 2014
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (Aug. 29, 2014) -- The U.S. Army Aviation Battalion hosted a "Women's Equality Day" observance on Aug. 26 at the Camp Zama Community Activity Center, here.
Women's Equality Day commemorates women's struggle for equal rights and the day also recognizes women's achievement in history and continuing efforts toward full equality.
After an invocation and renditions of the American and Japanese National Anthems, by the U.S. Army Japan Band, a formation of troops and an award presentation was held.
Guest speaker, Col. Thirsa Martinez, commander of the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity- Japan, talked about how women advance in today's society.
Martinez said by knowing where to find mentorship and where to get training, she learned how to advance herself in today's Army.
The ceremony was concluded with audience members singing the USARJ March and the Army Song.
- November 15, 2019Army Reserve Soldiers reach out through Chicagoland communities to share the story of veterans
- November 14, 2019Hooper: Veteran the title 'I'll Cherish the Most'
- November 13, 2019Future service members enlist at Pittsburgh Steelers game
- November 12, 2019Devens RFTA honors Veterans
- November 8, 2019Army Geospatial Center cataloger takes part in mom's WWII legacy
- November 7, 20192019 Veteran's Day Safety Message
- November 6, 2019Army cataloger takes part in mom's WWII legacy
- November 5, 2019Tennessee Soldier awarded ribbon for valor for flood rescue
- November 5, 2019Dallas Cowboys host baby shower
- October 31, 2019Teacher at Zama Middle High School receives presidential award
- October 30, 2019Zama Middle High School wins JROTC drill competition
- October 28, 2019JGSDF medical liaison officer inducted into Order of Military Medical Merit
- October 17, 2019Brain Bowl at Camp Zama tests high school students' academic, trivia knowledge