Women's Equality Day observance held at Camp Zama
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsAugust 29, 2014
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (Aug. 29, 2014) -- The U.S. Army Aviation Battalion hosted a "Women's Equality Day" observance on Aug. 26 at the Camp Zama Community Activity Center, here.Women's Equality Day commemorates women's struggle for equal rights and the day also recognizes women's achievement in history and continuing efforts toward full equality.After an invocation and renditions of the American and Japanese National Anthems, by the U.S. Army Japan Band, a formation of troops and an award presentation was held.Guest speaker, Col. Thirsa Martinez, commander of the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity- Japan, talked about how women advance in today's society.Martinez said by knowing where to find mentorship and where to get training, she learned how to advance herself in today's Army.The ceremony was concluded with audience members singing the USARJ March and the Army Song.
- March 31, 20202CR’s supply NCOs discuss Women’s History Month
- March 27, 2020501st Military Intelligence Brigade Trains SHARP Ambassadors
- March 26, 2020Readjusting to civilian life – it takes a village
- March 26, 2020Army Observes World Water Day
- March 25, 2020Camp Zama Youth Center’s Keystone Club donates canned goods
- March 23, 2020Camp Zama’s new obstacle course provides Soldiers alternate PT option
- March 23, 2020National Guard Soldier among the Idaho Women of the Year
- March 23, 2020April is Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- March 23, 2020Army Women’s Foundation 2020 Hall of Fame inducts three chaplains
- March 19, 2020Women’s History Month 2020: Valiant Women of the Vote
- March 18, 2020Camp Zama housing inspectors ensure safe, clean, comfortable homes
- March 16, 2020U.S. Army celebrates women's contributions and service
- March 16, 2020Oklahoma Army Guardsman saves woman from fire
- March 12, 2020A leader who 'happens to be a woman'
- March 12, 2020FORSCOM recognizes 'Women of Excellence'
- March 9, 2020Fort Knox, HRC to host Women's History Month observance March 31