New commanding general at the U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center
By Directorate of Communication and Public Affairs, U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety CenterAugust 22, 2014
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Farnsworth assumed command of the U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center from Brig. Gen. Timothy J. Edens Aug. 22 in a ceremony at Fort Rucker, Alabama. Lt. Gen. William T. Grisoli, director of the Army staff, hosted the event."In FY12, we closed the year with the second-fewest accidental fatalities on record," Grisoli said. "In FY13, we reached an all-time low in fatalities due to accidents. It was under Brig. Gen. Edens' leadership, and due to his persistence and commitment, that the safety culture across the Army was brought to a new height. Organizations don't prevent accidents -- people do, and we should all be proud of where our Army is today, and more importantly, where it will be five or ten years down the road due to Tim Edens' efforts."Farnsworth most recently served as deputy commanding general for operations, U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
"I look forward to working with the Soldiers and civilians whose mission is to preserve our Army's readiness through the prevention of accidental loss of our Soldiers, civilians, families and vital resources," said Farnsworth. "In my view, there is no higher calling."Farnsworth entered the Army in 1986 after graduating from Norwich University with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
- September 17, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command celebrates first year
- September 17, 2020Phantom Action: Corps leaders take input from brigade-level command teams
- September 16, 2020Command Team Certification sets First Army leaders up for success
- September 15, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command commander pins on first star
- September 14, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Project Convergence
- September 11, 2020Fort Knox Patriot Day ceremony honors fallen heroes 19 years later
- September 10, 2020Overcoming fear
- September 8, 2020Welcome to the 593d Expeditionary Sustainment Command
- September 6, 2020Brig. Gen. Roderick R. Leon Guerrero
- August 31, 2020Cisneros begins tour as Logistics NCOA commandant
- August 21, 2020Family visits violate General Order #2
- August 21, 2020Do you know how to navigate a conversation?
- August 20, 202075th FA Brigade Soldier wins FORSCOM NCO of Year
- August 20, 2020U.S. and Poland continue to grow air defense powerhouse