Fort Bragg Transition Summit to connect national employers with transitioning Soldiers
By Fort Bragg Public AffairsAugust 7, 2014
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- Fort Bragg is partnering with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Hiring Our Heroes program, U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Veterans Administration to host a Transition Summit, a multi-day event August 12 and 13, focused on marrying soon-to-be veterans with employers who are ready to hire skilled workers with proven leadership capability.More than 1,200 service members and their Families are expected to participate in the two-day event. The first day will give business and government leaders an opportunity to share strategies for veteran hiring and explore ways to help veterans best posture themselves for movement into the civilian job market. Day two of the summit will be a more hands-on engagement of employment workshops for transitioning service members between three and 18 months from separation. Workshops will include civilian resume writing and strategies for use of online employment databases. A hiring fair to connect employers and prospective employees face-to-face will also be held.Coinciding with the Hiring Our Heroes Transition Summit is a North Carolina-focused hiring event for service members less than 60 days from end of service. Fort Bragg has experienced success with the more tailored hiring events, wherein prospective employees meet with hiring businesses for interviews as part of a hiring process."We are hopeful that our continuing partnership with North Carolina businesses will give our transitioning service members really strong chances of landing well-paying jobs. These hiring events have been very fruitful for our men and women in uniform, many have walked right into good jobs," said Maj. Crystal Boring, Task Force Bragg Public Affairs Officer. "North Carolina is one of the most military friendly states in the union and North Carolina employers know that our men and women in uniform are skilled and ready to work."Opportunities for media coverage:Transition Summit --August 12, 2014
2 to 3 p.m.
Business and Civic Leader ForumsAugust 13, 2014
Noon to 2 p.m.
Employment Workshops and Hiring our Heroes Hiring FairNorth Carolina-focused Hiring Event
10 to 11 a.m.
Embassy Suites, Fayetteville- airborne -
Media interested in covering the Fort Bragg Veterans Job Summit and North Carolina-focused Hiring Event should RSVP with the Fort Bragg Public Affairs office by 4 p.m., August 11 by calling 910-396-5620. Media events on Fort Bragg will require escort from the Fort Bragg Public Affairs Office and should meet at Stryker Golf Course 30 minutes prior to each of the times listed above. Media covering the Hiring Event at the Embassy Suites should meet at the hotel by 10 a.m.
This document is provided by the Fort Bragg, N.C., Public Affairs Office as a service to the news media and general public. For more information, contact the Fort Bragg Public Affairs Office at 910-396-5620 and follow us on Facebook
- June 2, 2020Fun at Rocky Railway for Vacation Bible School 2020
- June 1, 2020NC National Guard helps conduct COVID-19 testing
- May 29, 2020Hurricane preparedness saves lives
- May 23, 2020NCARNG, NCEM Help Protect Community During COVID-19
- May 22, 2020TTX preps leaders for severe weather event
- May 22, 2020U.S. Army Birthday 2020 Events
- May 20, 2020NC National Guard cyber mission continues despite COVID-19
- May 18, 2020North Carolina National Guard cyber mission continues despite COVID-19 disruptions
- May 16, 2020North Carolina Guard members distribute PPE across state
- May 15, 2020Paratroopers train to become Soldiers-Athletes with GiBs
- May 15, 2020NC National Guard sets up COVID-19 medical support shelter
- May 13, 2020Ft. Bragg parachute riggers turn air drop testing skills into ‘Operation Iron Mask’ for Coronavirus pandemic
- May 11, 2020Army Reserve-Puerto Rico continues hiring for its civilian team
- May 6, 2020From competition skydiving, to sewing masks One U.S. Army Parachute Team ‘Golden Knights’ member uses her down time to help the community
- May 6, 2020Supply Excellence Award Uses AKO Communities to Modernize Evaluation Process