Army statement on the Operational Camouflage Uniform
By Senior Army SpokespersonJuly 31, 2014
ARLINGTON, Va. (July 31, 2014) -- The Army has selected a pattern as its base combat uniform camouflage pattern. The Army has confirmed through testing that the pattern would offer exceptional concealment, which directly enhances force protection and survivability for Soldiers.
The Army is naming the pattern the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) to emphasize that the pattern's use extends beyond Afghanistan to all Combatant Commands. The Army's adoption of OCP will be fiscally responsible by transitioning over time and simply replacing current uniforms and equipment as they wear out.
The Army anticipates the Army Combat Uniform with the OCP will be available for purchase by Soldiers at Military Clothing Sales Stores (MCSS) in the summer of 2015.
- May 23, 2018WHINSEC's first general officer returns as panelist to discuss current operational environment
- May 22, 2018Operation Roundup Targets ISIS Remnants in Syria
- May 18, 2018Cyber Mission Force achieves full operational capability
- May 17, 2018Residents get ready for operational medicine
- May 15, 2018US Army Air Cavalry partners with Estonia during Operation Hedgehog
- May 14, 2018RDECOM utilizes Pacific Pathways deployments to conduct operational tests
- May 14, 2018Intelligence Electronics Warfare Test Directorate realigned under U.S. Army Operational Test Command
- May 14, 2018Strengths and myths of what makes special operations forces acquisition special
- May 10, 2018AMC Workshop improves ammo sales and operations planning
- May 10, 2018Electronic warfare prototypes improve operational understanding against near-peer threats
- May 3, 2018EAATS ATB-Cargo conducts water bucket operations in support of controlled burns with DMVA Department
- May 2, 2018NCNG Soldiers train with karate USA during Operation Balanced Soldier
- May 1, 20181st SFG (A) Officer Recognized as Army Special Operations Forces Communicator of the Year
- April 30, 2018Pass-back maintenance in a decisive action operation
- April 27, 2018U.S. Army Special Operations Command hosts Antiterrorism Conference
- April 23, 2018Natick's wargame exercise provides insights into real-life warfighter needs