630th MP Co. inactivates at USAG Bamberg
By Simon HupferJuly 24, 2014
Bamberg. The very last unit stationed at US Army Garrison Bamberg, the 630th MP Company, officially inactivated during a short ceremony at Bamberg's Freedom Fitness Facility on Friday, 18 July 2014. Company commander Capt. Dane M. Hiltner and 1st Sgt. Jeffrey R. Friebe cased the unit's colors while approximately 60 guests and members of the garrison's command group where in attendance.
The "Mavericks" look back to a distinguished history of over 70 years. In 2011 the unit redeployed from its last deployment to Iraq where it supported Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2004, 2006 and 2010. Before, the 630th MP company supported operations in former Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Vietnam and during World War II. Battalion commander Lt. Col. Matthew R. Gragg, 18th Military Police Brigade, received the company's guidon from the company's commander, Capt. Dane. M. Hiltner.
After the unit's inactivation, MPs from the 709th MP Battalion have been detailed to provide security until the garrison officially closes in September.
- November 11, 2018U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys Policy Memorandums
- November 9, 2018PHCE strengthens ties with host nation environmental counterparts
- November 8, 2018U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys Phonebook
- November 5, 2018Garrison Commander Bio
- November 5, 2018U.S. Army Garrison Japan embraces IMCOM Service Culture Campaign
- November 2, 2018Fort Riley prepares for winter season with Snowburst exercise, guidance
- November 2, 2018Lt. Gen. Becker visits Wiesbaden
- October 29, 2018Garrison pushing efforts to reduce utility bill
- October 26, 2018Workshop guides future growth in Grafenwoehr
- October 26, 2018Upcoming changes for USAG Benelux command information
- October 25, 2018IMCOM -- Pacific strategic forum enhances readiness across directorate
- October 24, 2018BENNING at 100: Trench recreation opens near site of former trench training
- October 16, 2018The 34th MP Detachment wins outstanding military police unit award, sets sights on Army-level award
- October 10, 2018HAAF Garrison Commander inspires GSU football