TRADOC hosts Twilight Tattoo
By Staff Sgt. Jennifer C. Johnson, JFHQ-NCR/MDW Public AffairsJuly 18, 2014
WASHINGTON (July 16, 2014) -- Hundreds flocked to see the Soldiers from the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and The U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own" perform in Twilight Tattoo hosted by Gen. David G. Perkins, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) commanding general, on Whipple Field, Joint Base Myer- Henderson Hall, Va.TRADOC's primary functions are to recruit and train Soldiers, support unit training, develop adaptive leaders - both Soldier and Civilian, guide the Army through doctrine, and shape the Army by building and integrating formations, capabilities, and materiel.Perkins' oversees 32 Army schools organized under eight Centers of Excellence, each focused on a separate area of expertise within the Army--such as Maneuver and Signal. These centers train over 500,000 Soldiers and service members each year.Produced by the U.S. Army Military District of Washington, Twilight Tattoo is an hour-long, live-action military pageant that provides audiences from around the world a glimpse into American history through performances by the U.S. Army Blues, vocalists from the U.S. Army Band Downrange, the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, and the U.S. Army Drill Team.Twilight Tattoo is performed on Wednesday evening's beginning at 7 p.m. Pre-ceremony entertainment begins at 6:45 p.m. Performances from July 9 through Aug. 20 will be located at Whipple Field, JBM-HH and of course if the weather is bad, it is held indoors at Conmy Hall on JBM-HH.Dates and times are subject to change, so please check the Twilight Schedule online at: http://twilight.mdw.army.mil/schedule.
- March 27, 2020The U.S. Army Concert Band "Love and Light"
- March 25, 2020Florida National Guard's Army Band helps fight COVID-19
- March 25, 2020Federal income tax deadline day extended
- March 12, 2020Mitchell returns to Red River for command visit
- February 27, 202077th Army Band orchestrates music outreach in schools
- February 26, 2020The U.S. Army Field Band Spring Concert Tour
- February 19, 2020FL Guard's salsa band helps marathon runners find their rhythm
- February 6, 2020New commander raises 77th Army Band baton
- February 3, 2020Army bugler's love of music plays on after career with West Point Band
- January 31, 2020Annual holiday concert featuring USARJ Band cements bilateral relationship with Zama City
- January 22, 2020Team Way Too Far completes 100-mile march as one
- January 21, 2020New Ireland Army Health Clinic facility opens doors after two-year construction effort
- January 20, 2020549th Hospital Center and BDAACH Receives Army Exceptional Safety Award