International & Operational Law
By U.S. ArmyJune 25, 2014
International law is the application of international agreements, U.S. and foreign law, and customs related to military operations and activities. Operational law is the body of domestic, foreign, and international law that directly affects the conduct of military operations.
Mission: Provide legal advice to Secretary of the Army (SA), Chief of Staff of the Army (CSA), and Army Staff (ARSTAF) on all international law issues; legal issues affecting military operations; the law of war; intelligence activities and information operations; and stability operations and rule of law.
- September 20, 2018Idaho Army National Guard travels to Germany, trains 40 active Army in vehicle recovery
- September 20, 2018WHINSEC students visit UN, actively seek organizational evolution
- September 18, 2018Army Reserve lawyers support emergency operations during Hurricane Florence
- September 11, 2018Honolulu District activates EOC, response teams for storms
- September 10, 2018Army astronaut prepares for December launch to International Space Station
- September 10, 2018Leader perspective: Army interns pivotal to future contracting workforce
- August 31, 2018U.S. Army Health Contracting Activity focuses on Active Shooter Training
- August 30, 2018ECO Kids discovery events to keep children active
- August 21, 2018First Army hosts legal summit
- August 10, 2018WBAMC legal team recognized by Army Chief of Staff
- August 6, 2018Funded Legal Education Program Now Accepting Applications