Fort A.P. Hill celebrates the Army's 239th Birthday
By Bob McElroy IMCOMJune 16, 2014
FORT A.P. HILL, Va. - More than 150 Soldiers, Civilians and friends of Fort A.P. Hill participated in the post's Army Birthday celebration and 5-kilometer run June 13 at Wilcox Camp.The participants included a large contingent of Soldiers training at Fort A.P. Hill as well as Soldiers from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal School.The top finisher was EOD student Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Ruff who finished the run at: 18 minutes, 27 seconds.Second finisher was Brandon Crabtree of the A.P. Hill Directorate of Emergency Services in 19 minutes, 31 seconds.Third place was Pfc. Joseph Strait, 475th Quartermaster Group (U.S. Army Reserve), Farrell, Penn. in 20 minutes, 23 seconds.Following the run everyone gathered to sing Happy Birthday to the Army and enjoy the Army Birthday cake provided by the Fort A.P. Hill Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
- May 28, 2020Lean in action: Cleaning, Painting, Finishing Div.
- May 27, 2020Cal Guard honors WWII veterans during birthday celebration
- May 26, 2020Fort Knox teachers thank parents for partnering with them to ‘finish the year well’
- May 23, 2020Chaplains gather for ‘Flags In’ Tribute
- May 22, 2020Army IGs promote resilience and fitness…at a distance
- May 22, 2020U.S. Army Birthday 2020 Events
- May 21, 2020Spotlight: Graduating high school in a COVID environment
- May 19, 2020Knox Hills delivers self-help response to residents needing routine maintenance
- May 14, 2020Cal Guard member's civilian skills get troops to missions
- May 13, 2020Virtual Meetings, More a Glimpse of the Future in Pandemic Era
- May 11, 2020Bronco Soldier Recognized for Integrity
- May 8, 2020Pray60: Fort Knox chaplains encourage community to take a minute
- May 7, 2020Nurses Week Spotlight: Capt. Eve Tanas, 30th ABCT, NC Guard