Fort A.P. Hill celebrates the Army's 239th Birthday
By Bob McElroy IMCOMJune 13, 2014
FORT A.P. HILL, Va. - More than 150 Soldiers, Civilians and friends of Fort A.P. Hill participated in the post's Army Birthday celebration and 5-kilometer run June 13 at Wilcox Camp.
The participants included a large contingent of Soldiers training at Fort A.P. Hill as well as Soldiers from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal School.
The top finisher was EOD student Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Ruff who finished the run at: 18 minutes, 27 seconds.
Second finisher was Brandon Crabtree of the A.P. Hill Directorate of Emergency Services in 19 minutes, 31 seconds.
Third place was Pfc. Joseph Strait, 475th Quartermaster Group (U.S. Army Reserve), Farrell, Penn. in 20 minutes, 23 seconds.
Following the run everyone gathered to sing Happy Birthday to the Army and enjoy the Army Birthday cake provided by the Fort A.P. Hill Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
- February 28, 2019Injured Army Reserve Soldier finds new hill to conquer
- February 22, 2019D-Day veteran celebrates 100th B-Day with JBLM
- February 21, 2019Knappe Selected as Europe South District Teacher of the Year
- February 19, 2019Cold-Weather Operations Course Class 19-03 finishes training; 31 students graduate
- February 15, 2019Special Operations leaders testify before Senate on SOF global posture
- February 11, 2019Continuous improvement techniques for an APS bridging system
- February 6, 2019BAMC celebrates 118th Army Nurse Corps birthday
- February 4, 2019Bor brothers lead Army to cross country championship
- February 1, 2019Blanchfield recognizes 118th birthday of Army Nurse Corps
- January 22, 2019Fort Indiantown Gap finishes No. 1 in nation for 2018