Fort A.P. Hill celebrates the Army's 239th Birthday
By Bob McElroy IMCOMJune 13, 2014
FORT A.P. HILL, Va. - More than 150 Soldiers, Civilians and friends of Fort A.P. Hill participated in the post's Army Birthday celebration and 5-kilometer run June 13 at Wilcox Camp.
The participants included a large contingent of Soldiers training at Fort A.P. Hill as well as Soldiers from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal School.
The top finisher was EOD student Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Ruff who finished the run at: 18 minutes, 27 seconds.
Second finisher was Brandon Crabtree of the A.P. Hill Directorate of Emergency Services in 19 minutes, 31 seconds.
Third place was Pfc. Joseph Strait, 475th Quartermaster Group (U.S. Army Reserve), Farrell, Penn. in 20 minutes, 23 seconds.
Following the run everyone gathered to sing Happy Birthday to the Army and enjoy the Army Birthday cake provided by the Fort A.P. Hill Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
- January 17, 2019Fort Sill kicks off its 150th birthday
- January 16, 2019'Hamilton's Own' celebrates 243 years of service
- January 15, 2019Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Holiday Safety Awareness
- January 14, 2019More than 150 join Recruiting Command leaders Jan. 11 in celebrating King Jr.'s birthday
- January 14, 2019From the streets to the military ranks: How his service changed his life
- January 10, 2019Helping cancer patient move into his dream
- January 2, 2019Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday observance scheduled for Jan. 11
- December 26, 2018Soldiers exercise spiritual endurance to the finish line in Bagram, Afghanistan
- December 20, 2018Fort Sill celebrates National Guard's 382nd birthday
- December 14, 2018Holiday Party at Birch Hill Ski and Snowboard Area