FORT A.P. HILL, Va. -- U.S. Marine helicopters and U.S. Air Force A-10 Thunderbolts will conduct day and night live-fire training here on May 8, 9, 12 and 13.
The A-10 Thunderbolts will fire 30 millimeter cannons and drop 25-pound practice bombs. The Marine helicopters will fire machine guns and aerial rockets. All live firing is expected to end by 9:30 p.m. each day.
- November 14, 2018Juggling fires and families: Calif. aviators make it work
- November 13, 2018All Hail the King: U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground tests newest Marine Corps helicopter
- November 7, 2018APS-5 equipment performing well for Operation Spartan Shield
- November 1, 2018Singapore, Fort Sill execute live fire missions
- October 30, 2018Black Hawk Helicopter celebrates 40 years of aviation service with the Army
- October 30, 201840 years of aviation service - The Black Hawk Helicopter
- October 30, 2018Crane Army Conducts Joint Fire Drill Exercise
- October 29, 2018All-Terrain Vehicles Prepare For Night-Fire
- October 29, 2018Fire On High
- October 23, 2018NY National Guard deploys Soldiers, helicopters in Hurricane Michael response mission
- October 12, 2018Virginia National Guard providing high water transport capabilities, helicopter rescue on standby