U.S. Army Sustainment Command graduates 17 in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course
By ASC Public AffairsMay 2, 2014
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL, Ill. -- Seventeen people from the U.S. Army Sustainment Command here graduated May 2 from a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt class.
The two-week course is a systematic technique for improving processes. It follows the basic steps of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control.
The training teaches students the basic LSS systematic process and the various analysis and creative tools that can be used to improve processes.
The keys to the LSS technique's success is to critically analyze a process and develop alternatives to improve processes by removing non-value added steps and controlling variability in processes.
The Lean Six Sigma Class was led by ASC's Master Black Belt, Tom Ferguson. Other instructors included ASC's Gene Wollum and George Gray, LSS Black Belts.
The graduation ceremony was conducted by Col. Darren Werner, ASC chief of staff, who presented the graduation certificates.
Werner is the command's LSS deployment director. During the ceremony, he said all the students were honor graduates of the course.
Graduates included: Capt. Jacob Addy; Lt. Col. Andrew Aiello; Aubrey Bell; Master Sgt. Brandon Cronise; Sgt. 1st Class Stacey Everett; Staff Sgt. Franko German; Master Sgt. Rosa Hernandezpalmer; Bennie Kirk; Staff Sgt. Gene Lucas; Sgt. Maj. Brian Marone; Master Sgt. Kenneth Pinckney; Master Sgt. Melody Richey; Staff Sgt. Delena Robinson; Sgt. 1st Class Barrie Royal; Staff Sgt. Etta Smith; Paul Ward; and James Wilson.
More photos of classroom activity and the graduation can be viewed at this Flickr site:
- April 24, 2019R2 training reduces attrition at one of the Army's toughest schools
- April 18, 2019A3 Thinking presented by Mr. David Hencshel
- April 18, 2019The US Army Band cooks with all that jazz during Jazz Appreciation Month
- April 12, 2019Cadet Command conducts combined Fort Knox Best Warrior competition for local organizations
- April 9, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: Hydroelectric Power Plant and Dam
- April 1, 2019Faces of the Fort: Master Sgt. Crystal Irby
- March 30, 2019Nashville District working to reassign Lock C to Fort Campbell
- March 29, 2019Hands-On Education
- March 29, 2019Warriors fill capability gap, learn short-range air defense
- March 28, 2019Master Sgt. Roy P. Benavidez Highway
- March 28, 20191st Brigade Combat Team: Bastogne Soldier awarded FORSCOM Retention Excellence Award
- March 27, 2019Women's History Month: Regulars Soldier highlights familial inspiration for service
- March 26, 2019Female leaders continue to set examples for soldiers
- March 21, 2019Former Air Force master sergeant pursues Army cyber warrant officer career
- March 19, 2019Soldier for Life: The importance of a master application when searching for a job
- March 19, 2019Air Assault school changes command