WIESBADEN, Germany (April 26, 2014) -- Approximately 150 Soldiers from the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vicenza, Italy arrived in Lithuania April 26, 2014 to conduct small unit and leader training with members of the Lithuanian Army.
This exercise is the third in a series of expanded U.S. land force training activities in the region that are scheduled to take place for the next few months and beyond.
This action comes at the request of the host nations in the region and further demonstrates US commitment to NATO.
The training, not previously scheduled, takes place as the United States continues to demonstrate solidarity with its NATO allies by increased land force presence in Poland and the Baltic States, an enhanced exercise schedule, and increased security cooperation measures with allies in the region.
Some of the other land forces exercises planned across Europe include:
• Exercise Rochambeau, scheduled to take place in France in May
• Exercise Combined Resolve II, scheduled to take place in Germany in May
• Exercise Saber Strike, scheduled to take place in Lithuania and Lithuania in June
• Exercise Immediate Response, scheduled to take place in Slovenia in August
• Exercise Saber Junction 14, scheduled to take place in Germany in August
• Exercise Cooperative Resolve, scheduled to take place in Turkey in September
For more information, visit the U.S. Army Europe website at eur.army.mil and navigate to the Exercises page, eur.army.mil/exercises/default.htm.
About us: U.S. Army Europe is uniquely positioned to advance American strategic interests across Eurasia and has unparalleled capability to prevent conflict, shape the environment and, if necessary, win decisively. The relationships we build during more than 1000 theater security cooperation events in more than 40 countries each year lead directly to support for multinational contingency operations around the world, strengthen regional partnerships, and enhance global security.