GOLDEN KNIGHTS' 2008 ASSESSMENT AND SELECTION UNDERWAY.
By Ms. Cheryle Rivas (USAAC)September 4, 2008
FORT BRAGG, NC-The U.S. Army Parachute Team the Golden Knights' 2008 Assessment and Selection kicked off with 20 candidates vying for the prestigious honor of wearing the black and gold uniform-representing the Army's Official Ambassadors. This year, 19 soldiers from various Army posts and one airman are on the roster. Of the 19 soldiers, seven are females-the largest turn out of women in the history of the Golden Knights. The team's first amputee wounded warrior is also attending assessment and selection. He was assigned to the Parachute Team through the Wounded Warrior program and will compete alongside the other 19 for a spot on the one of the demonstration teams.
To be selected to the team, an individual must be on active duty status, have completed 150 free fall parachute jumps and have a good military and civilian record. Individuals submit their packets for selection and will attend a rigorous six-week assessment and selection program of training. Members who successfully complete the six-week training program will be knighted in a special ceremony as an official member of the Golden Knights.
- May 21, 2020U.S. Army Lab Hosts Assessment of 3D Printers
- May 19, 2020Oro Valley resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- May 15, 2020Behavioral Health Assessment Team (BHAT) - COVID-19 Assessment
- May 14, 2020Dr. Myra S. Gray Biography
- May 13, 2020USAREUR Soldier named IMCOM Army Athlete of the Year
- May 13, 2020Ft. Bragg parachute riggers turn air drop testing skills into ‘Operation Iron Mask’ for Coronavirus pandemic
- May 11, 2020JMC officers discuss lessons learned from selection to battalion command
- May 8, 2020Camp Zama teacher selected for CDC fellowship
- May 7, 2020Indiana Guard Soldiers trade parachutes for sewing machines
- May 6, 2020From competition skydiving, to sewing masks One U.S. Army Parachute Team ‘Golden Knights’ member uses her down time to help the community
- May 6, 2020U.S. Army Collaborates to Assess Fentanyl Screening Test
- May 6, 2020How the Army is conducting Periodic Health Assessments during COVID-19
- May 5, 2020SOLDIERS FROM 20TH SPECIAL FORCES GROUP COMBAT COVID-19
- April 30, 2020601st Quartermaster Company Sews Face Masks For COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- April 29, 2020Parachute rigger school jumpers once again fly skies over Pickett