Camp Humphreys Passport Office, Bldg. 577, room 103.

Passport Office accepts Official, No Fee Passport and Tourist Passport applications .


Please bring valid picture ID to your passport appointment.

By appointment only, schedule an appointment with the Transportation Division Passport Office at DSN 753-8729. When not able to attend your scheduled appointment call the Passport Office for cancellation. Missed appointments require a Memorandum for Missed Appointments before a second appointment will be scheduled.

The Passport Office has been designated as a Military Passport Acceptance Agency by the U.S. State Department for accepting official, no-fee (dependent) and tourist passport applications. Diplomatic passport applications cannot be accepted by the Passport Office and must be submitted directly through the U.S. Embassy. As a Military Passport Acceptance Agency, we do not produce passports, but rather act as an authorized courier between you and the U.S. State Department for passport applications. The requirements vary depending on the type of passport application submitted and individual status.

To submit a passport application to the Passport Office select from the links below which type application is required and complete the application online through the Travel.State.Gov website: (a link is provided with each type passport application listed below). Ensure that the checklist for your passport application is reviewed to ensure all required items are available to submit with the passport application (a checklist is provided for each type passport application in the links listed below).

Print out a copy of the application when complete and bring with you (including all required items in accordance with the passport application checklist) to your scheduled appointment. A properly completed passport application contains a 2D barcode on the left hand margin when printed.


Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Acceptable forms of U.S. Citizenship include: Previously issued undamaged U.S. Passports (no older than 15 years from date of issue), certified birth certificates issued by a city, county or state, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship.

Applicants who submit passport applications to the Camp Humphreys Passport Office cannot use the "File Search $150 as proof of U.S. Citizenship" option as proof of citizenship. Only the above mentioned items can be submitted with an application as proof of U.S. Citizenship.

Effective 10 Feb. 2012, all Official/No Fee Passport applicants who schedule a passport photo work order with the Camp Humphreys Visual Information Service Center must obtain a memorandum issued by the Passport Office to accompany their DD 1056 authorization. Tourist passport photos are not authorized to be processed through the VIB and must be purchased from a local vendor. All passport photos must be in compliance with the Department of State guidelines.


Missed Passport Appointment

Applicants that fail to attend a scheduled appointment are required to submit a Missed Appointment Passport Office Memorandum in order to schedule a second appointment. Applicants should call or visit the Transportation Division Passport Office to reschedule an appointment to eliminate a missed appointment.


Hours of Operation for Issuance of Completed Passports

The Camp Humphreys Transportation Division Passport Office issues all initial and renewal passports to applicants during the following hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday from 1 to 5 p.m. Closed weekends and scheduled holidays.


US Embassy Seoul Announcement

Beginning June 15, 2011, all routine American Citizen Services (including passport applications, request for consular report of birth abroad, and notarial services) provided at the Embassy will require an appointment.

We will no longer accommodate walk-in customers at the Embassy unless the service needs to be provided on an emergency basis. To make an appointment for services, please see our website

U.S. Embassy consular personnel are available on the 2nd floor of the U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan Army Community Services Building for consular services every Wednesday from 0900 -- 1400(9:00 am -- 2:00pm). These services are available on a walk-in basis.


Tourist passport applications and printed passports are couriered between the Transportation Division Passport Office and the U.S. Embassy normally on Wednesdays. The Transportation Division Passport Office has no control over processing times by the U.S. Embassy, and the U.S. Embassy states that the processing takes 3-4 weeks after the application is received by the U.S. Embassy.

Official/No-Fee passport applications are mailed to and received from the U.S. State Department on a daily basis. The Transportation Division Passport Office has no control over processing time by the U.S. State Department, and the U.S. State Department states that the processing time could take 8-10 weeks after the application has been received.

In addition to passport application services for newborns, the Transportation Division Passport Office can assist parents (when both parents are U.S. Citizens) with newborns to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and Social Security Card. When one parent is not a U.S. Citizen, the 8th Army OSJA Client Legal Services Yongsan or U.S. Embassy Seoul can assist with applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and Social Security Card.


The Social Security Administration has consolidated its overseas operations into several regional offices that provide a full range of SSA services for U.S. citizens residing outside of the United States. Effective October 1, 2017, individuals residing in South Korea who require social security services or have questions about SSA benefits must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit located at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines rather than U.S. Embassy Seoul.

Please be advised that as of October 1, U.S. Embassy Seoul can no longer accept telephone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations regarding Social Security issues.

For more information or any questions about the services provided at the FBU in Manila Philippines and how to contact them, please visit the U.S. Embassy Manila webpage. You can also reach them at 632-301-2000, or

For comprehensive information on SSA's services abroad, please visit SSA's webpage, "Service Around the World."

If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.


CIS Seoul
General Phone Inquiries: 02-397-4548 or 02-397-4282
General E-mail Inquiries:
General E-mail Inquiries for military naturalization: