By U.S. ArmyFebruary 11, 2014
Fort Jackson will resume normal operations at noon on Friday, Feb. 14. Key and essential personnel should report early if directed by their supervisor.
Road conditions on post are currently at RED. Only mission essential and emergency vehicles are authorized. Please stay off the roads. Also be alert for falling ice. Ice is sliding off of many roofs.
The following changes will be in effect Friday:
- Moncrief Army Community Hospital will resume normal operations at noon.
- Fort Jackson DoDEA schools will be closed. Parents will be notified through the automated call system.
- The Lee Road Child Development Center will open at 4 a.m. for essential personnel only. All other Child Development Centers will resume normal operations at 11:30 a.m.
- Gates One (Jackson Blvd.) will be closed.
- Gate Five (Leesburg Rd.) will be open 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Gate Two (Forest Dr.) will be open 24 hours.
- Gate Four (Percival Rd.) will be open from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All AAFES and Commissary facilities plan to open at noon.
The 5K scheduled at Twin Lakes on Saturday, Feb. 15, is delayed until Feb. 22.
If you are on Fort Jackson and lose electricity, call the emergency work order in at JOB-EMER (562-3637).
Stay tuned to your local media, the Fort Jackson Web page and Fort Jackson Leader Facebook and Twitter sites for further information.