Maj. Gen. David J. Conboy and Command Sgt. Maj. Robert L. Stanek visit BTH-Panama 2013
By John McDonaldJanuary 27, 2014
COLON, Panama - U.S. Army and Air Force members welcomed Maj. Gen. David J. Conboy, command general of the 416th Theater Engineer Command and Command Sgt. Maj. Robert L. Stanek, Command Sergeant Major of the 416th, as they visited service members deployed in support of Beyond the Horizon-Panama 2013 here May 21.BTH-Panama 2013 is a U.S. Southern Command-sponsored, U.S. Army South-led joint humanitarian and civic assistance exercise deploying service members specializing in engineering, construction and health care to provide services to communities while also receiving valuable deployment training and building cooperative relationships with the country of Panama.Conboy and Stanek had the opportunity to visit Yaviza, Provincia De Darien where the Medical Readiness Training Exercise (MEDRETE) took place. The MEDRETEs provide medical care for local villagers through pediatrics, optometry, pharmacy, dental and general medicine. Veterinary care was also provided for the local animals."[The MEDRETE is] literally life-changing. In many cases, it offers life-saving services to the people of Panama," said Conboy.
During their two-day tour, they also visited engineering sites in Escobol and Achiote where U.S. Army and Air Force engineers, along with Colombian Army engineers, are building additions to schools and medical clinics.
The 409th and 244th Engineering Company along with the 200th and 203rd REDHORSE Squadron received accolades and coins from the general and command sergeant major for working cooperatively together on this joint service mission.
"The more we learn and understand the capabilities of our sister services, the better we become as a military organization," said Stanek.Medical and engineering assistance for Beyond the Horizon-Panama 2013 continues with closing ceremonies scheduled for late June and operations ending shortly after.
- May 23, 2020USACE Chicago District responds to record rainfall, activates Emergency Operations Center
- May 22, 2020ERDC researchers model COVID-19 for the Nation
- May 22, 2020Detroit District set to assist state assessments of dam failures and flooding impacts
- May 22, 2020Nebraska Army National Guard firefighters deploy to Romania
- May 20, 2020Southern Resident Office foresees on-time completion for $54 million warehouse construction project
- May 20, 2020Rocket fuel test finds Dugway ideal
- May 19, 2020Corps Completes Lore City Wastewater Collection System Upgrades
- May 19, 2020Corps of Engineers helps Montana prep for COVID-19 future
- May 18, 2020Aviation modernization on track despite COVID-19
- May 17, 2020Combat veteran’s transition from service to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- May 15, 2020Dam safety remains top priority admist COVID-19 challenges
- May 15, 2020Tulsa District maintenance crews work rain or shine on the MKARNS
- May 13, 2020West Point cadets win Lockheed Martin engineering competition
- May 8, 2020Middle East District Sets New Standards in Value Engineering
- May 6, 2020ERDC delivers augmented reality solutions in the fight against COVID-19
- May 5, 2020USACE Environmental Support Team develops new skills