U.S. Army Garrison Gets Name Change
By USAG Okinawa Public Affairs OfficeJanuary 23, 2014
OKINAWA, Japan (Jan. 22, 2014) -- U.S. Army Garrison Torii Station has been officially renamed U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa.
While Torii Station is home to the Garrison and other Army units, additional units and Soldiers are located throughout Okinawa including Kadena Air Base, Camp Foster, U.S. Naval Hospital, Camp Kinser, Fort Buckner, White Beach and Naha Military Port.
"The new name shows that what we do is not only for Torii Station, but for all the Army on Okinawa," said U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa commander, Lt. Col. Eric A. Martinez.
The Garrison's mission is to synchronize, integrate and deliver installation services while sustaining Army facilities on Okinawa in support of U.S. Army Japan. U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa is an indirect garrison of U.S. Army Garrison Japan.
"By changing the garrison's name to U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa, it solidifies our position as the Army's service provider on Okinawa. It tells the Army that we have a lot more to care for and it helps us streamline our resources," said Martinez
A redesignation ceremony is programmed to be held on Torii Station March 4.
- February 28, 2020USAG Japan updates workers on coronavirus
- February 27, 2020Join Pray60 -- change the world
- February 27, 2020NCO acts as bridge between Housing Office and command teams
- February 26, 2020Lee pursues partnerships to grow services, maximize resources
- February 26, 2020'Machine Gun University' keeps Soldiers ready for real-world missions
- February 25, 2020Students participate in Culinary Arts Festival of Europe
- February 25, 2020German Kantine to re-open soon
- February 20, 2020Updates on Belvoir housing initiatives
- February 19, 2020Fort Greely Soldiers and Police help students at Delta Elementary School
- February 14, 2020Fort Rucker ups game in support of Aviation, quality of life for Soldiers, families
- February 13, 2020Fort Greely opens long awaited FCC home
- February 13, 2020Fort Leavenworth Garrison leads effort to streamline PCS process
- February 13, 2020MICC teams key in IMCOM contract reform initiative
- February 13, 2020Garrison welcomes new Family Life Chaplain
- February 12, 2020Comment prompts action: Housing adds stop signs
- February 12, 2020Garrison command awards Soldiers for foliage removal job