U.S. Army Garrison Gets Name Change
By USAG Okinawa Public Affairs OfficeJanuary 23, 2014
OKINAWA, Japan (Jan. 22, 2014) -- U.S. Army Garrison Torii Station has been officially renamed U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa.
While Torii Station is home to the Garrison and other Army units, additional units and Soldiers are located throughout Okinawa including Kadena Air Base, Camp Foster, U.S. Naval Hospital, Camp Kinser, Fort Buckner, White Beach and Naha Military Port.
"The new name shows that what we do is not only for Torii Station, but for all the Army on Okinawa," said U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa commander, Lt. Col. Eric A. Martinez.
The Garrison's mission is to synchronize, integrate and deliver installation services while sustaining Army facilities on Okinawa in support of U.S. Army Japan. U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa is an indirect garrison of U.S. Army Garrison Japan.
"By changing the garrison's name to U.S. Army Garrison Okinawa, it solidifies our position as the Army's service provider on Okinawa. It tells the Army that we have a lot more to care for and it helps us streamline our resources," said Martinez
A redesignation ceremony is programmed to be held on Torii Station March 4.
- November 20, 2019German firefighters deploy to help keep Italian military housing area safe
- November 19, 2019Natick Soldier Systems Center hosts civic leaders at groundbreaking ceremony
- November 18, 2019Initial 'Straight Talk' event provides up-close view of Garrison operations
- November 18, 2019COLA, housing dominate discussion at USAG Bavaria town hall
- November 18, 2019New sponsorship training hopes to make Germany PCS 'sehr gut'
- November 17, 2019The Army's newest Community Hospital and Ambulatory Care Center opens at Camp Humphreys
- November 15, 2019IMCOM-E director tours USAG RP footprint
- November 14, 2019Hooper: Veteran the title 'I'll Cherish the Most'
- November 14, 2019Garrison recognizes Carabinieri for outstanding performance
- November 14, 2019USAG Ansbach Directorate of Emergency Services provided support to off-post firefighters
- November 14, 2019Garrison to conduct annual Legionella testing
- November 14, 2019Community members face consequences from DUIs
- November 13, 2019Col. Jeremy A. Bartel, commander, U.S. Army Garrison-Kwajalein Atoll
- November 12, 2019WSMR Honors Greatest Generation at Las Cruces Veterans Day Parade
- November 7, 2019Garrison, school partnerships benefit Baumholder community
- November 6, 2019Volunteerism creates career opportunities for military spouses