By U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys, Public AffairsNovember 18, 2018
Welcome to U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys' official website.
Located within the seaport city of Pyeongtaek, along the western coast of South Korea, and approximately 40 miles south of Seoul, Camp Humphreys is home to the Army's most active airfield in the Pacific and the center of the largest construction and transformation project in the U.S. Department of Defense's history.
In addition to its airfield, there are several U. S. Army tactical and direct support units located on Camp Humphreys, including the 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade, elements of the 1st Signal Brigade, 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, 65th Medical Brigade, and many other military units and commands.
Transformation and Restationing:
To posture forces in support of U.S. and ROK national interests on the Korean Peninsula, both governments agreed to consolidate U.S. Forces Korea into two enduring hubs, the largest of which will be Camp Humphreys. By moving into less congested southern areas of the peninsula, the U.S. Army will improve readiness and efficiencies, while further enhancing its partnership with local communities.
In the coming years, the Camp Humphreys military community population will more than triple in size, from 10,000 to 36,000 Soldiers, Civilians, and their Family members. Main construction projects underway include unit headquarters buildings, vehicle maintenance facilities, barracks, family housing, medical facilities, a military communications complex, a commissary, a post exchange, schools, and child development centers.
Several new barracks, family housing units, and supporting underground utility systems are already completed and occupied - including newly constructed elementary and middle/high school campuses.
These initiatives will facilitate transformation of the ROK-U.S. Alliance and the achievement of common strategic objectives. They will also assist in the attainment of the ROK-U.S. Alliance's objectives to ensure credible deterrence and maintain stability while improving USFK capacity to respond to future defense initiatives.
USAG Humphreys is home to:
• U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys HQ
• 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade
• 304th Signal Battalion, A Company
• 501st Signal Company
• 194th Combat Service Support Battalion
• 94th Military Police Battalion
• 249th Military Police Detachment
• 557th Military Police Company
• 20th Military Police Det (CID)
• 176th Finance Battalion, B Detachment
• 343rd Rear Operations Center, USAR
• 4-58th Airfield Operations Battalion
• 618th Dental Company
• 75th Medical Company(AS)
• 568th Medical Company
• USAF Det 2, 607th Weather Squadron
• 16th Medical Logistics (Blood Depot)
• 150th Minimal Care Detachment
• Army Materiel Command, Logistics Support Element
• 3rd Military Intelligence Battalion
• 719th Military Intelligence Battalion
• 524th Military Intelligence Battalion
• 532nd Military Intelligence Battalion
• 138th Battalion Movement Control Team
• 22nd Korean Service Corps (KSC) Company
• 52nd Ordnance Company
• 538th Ordnance Company
• 25th Transportation Company
• HHC USAG Humphreys
• 7th ROK Air Force