2ID holds memorial for 1ABCT Soldiers
By 2nd Infantry Division Public AffairsNovember 27, 2013
Spc. Justin Adams, 21, of North Redington, Fla. and Maj. Evans Hanson, 35, of Sugar Land, Texas, both assigned to the 1st Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team headquartered at Camp Hovey in Dongducheon, went missing while conducting reconnaissance for future training events.
"On November 21st the 2nd Infantry Division lost two exceptional Soldiers in the service of the United States of America," said Lt. Col. Jeremy McGuire, 1st Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment commander. "Maj. Hanson and Spc. Adams possessed a sense of responsibility for a personal contribution to the United States Army, demonstrated by their acts of dedicated effort, reliability and thoroughness.
"There are many differences and similarities between this major and this specialist, but the similarity that drew them together and held them with a united sense of purpose was their duty," said McGuire.
The cause of the incident remains under investigation.
- August 3, 2020McDevitt wraps up tour as first female ADFSD deputy director
- July 31, 2020Army completes first additive manufacturing provisioned part
- July 31, 2020A first in Kansas Army National Guard history
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria’s HHC welcomes new first sergeant
- July 30, 202015th MP Brigade welcomes new commander
- July 29, 20201st TSC welcomes new command sergeant major
- July 29, 2020Annual Training sprinkled with reality
- July 29, 2020Bunker Barbecue, Picatinny’s newest eatery is popular option
- July 29, 2020First Army battalion commander does it the ‘write’ way
- July 29, 2020To lead and direct: 1st Armored Division change of command
- July 28, 20201st SBCT tackles EDRE, NTC rotation load out
- July 24, 202061st MMB supports CRDAMC during COVID-19 pandemic
- July 22, 2020Task Force 5 offers JRTC, Fort Polk units abatis training
- July 17, 2020Dentists take advanced skills to first assignments
- July 16, 2020Soldier who stopped active shooter awarded Soldier's Medal