Warrant Officer Professional Development
By Sergeant 1st Class Gary CooperNovember 21, 2013
Fort Knox, Ky. - 3d Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Warrant Officers attended a Warrant Officer Professional Development session, Oct. 15, in Harris Hall.
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Martin Sally, Human Resources Command Ordnance Assignment Officer, came over from HRC to inform the Soldiers about Warrant Officer assignments and evaluations.
Sally explained that when looking at officer evaluations, performance in a given job is more important than the specific assignment.
"What we've noticed is that every officer has the opportunity to serve at these different levels. The question is whether they applied themselves or not."
"There are myriad of other factors to consider, but our goal is to put the officer in a suitable assignment, based on their performance reflected in their OERs."
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Kevin Willis, 3d ESC Support Operations Sea Movement Planner, found the presentation
"It put things in perspective. It let me know what I need to focus on in my career, and gave me something I can pass down to junior warrant officers to help mentor them in their careers."
Willis also said he looks forward to participating in future WOPD sessions in the coming months.
- October 23, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Software Readiness
- May 1, 2020Army REF deploys thermal imaging sensors
- April 7, 2020U.S. Army selects senior warrant officer advisor to the Chief of Staff of the Army
- February 11, 2020Army National Military Cemeteries renamed as Office of Army Cemeteries
- November 22, 2019CIO/G-6 stands up ECMO and welcomes new director
- September 12, 2019General Officer military exchange with France approved
- September 12, 2019General Officer Assignments
- September 12, 2019List invested as new Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- September 12, 2019Office of the Chief of Staff, Army General Officer Announcement
- September 12, 2019Signal regiment honors Hollywood director
- September 12, 2019Army Announces Results From Early Retirement, Separation Boards
- September 12, 2019Army Medical Command Releases First Ever Health Of The Force Report