Fort A.P. Hill honors Veterans at flag raising ceremony
By Bob McElroy IMCOMNovember 8, 2013
FORT A.P. HILL, Va. - On a clear and cold morning, Nov. 8, U.S. Army Garrison Fort A.P. Hill, Va. honored Veterans with a brief flag-raising ceremony.Department of the Army police officers Jess Lapham and Todd Flowers raised the American and POW-MIA flags and the more than 30 who attended rendered honors to the colors.In his brief remarks after the flag raising, garrison commander Lt. Col. Peter E. Dargle said that Veterans Day, Nov. 11, honors all of America's Veterans, past and present."Each year, on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we pause--as a nation and as a people--to pay tribute to our Veterans...to take a break in our busy lives to do what we should endeavor to do and say every day--to show our deep appreciation for their service to the nation and say thank you to our Veterans," Dargle said.Dargle said that the sacrifices of our Veterans and their Families speak volumes about the enduring spirit of our great nation."Time and again, at home and abroad, our Veterans and their Families have sacrificed to protect that powerful promise that all of us hold so dear--life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
- August 12, 2020Combat veteran saves life of Hinesville neighbor
- August 11, 2020V Corps flag unfurled, commanding general promoted
- August 11, 2020USAMMA hosts Change of Command
- August 7, 2020Camp Zama facilities named best in 7 categories in Stars and Stripes reader’s poll
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 6, 2020Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works signs Memorandum of Agreement with FL for assumption of Section 404
- August 6, 2020Honor the past, secure the future with Women’s Equality Day
- August 5, 2020With uncertainty at every corner, McAlpin finds her niche as a leader
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 3, 2020Kansas engineers build readiness through facilities upgrades
- July 30, 2020Vietnam veteran returns guidon
- July 30, 2020Army spouse’s website seeks pen pals for veterans
- July 27, 2020New CENC Data Added to FITBIR Encourages More Research, Collaboration