210th Fires Brigade hosts Thunder Fitness Challenge
By Staff Sgt. Carlos Davis (2d ID)November 4, 2013
The second place winner:
The second place finisher for the Thunder Fitness Competition is Capt. Shaohong Lu, from Atlanta, Ga., the fire direction officer assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Battalion, 38th Field Artillery Regiment, 210th Fires Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division.
Here is what he thinks about the competition:
How does it feel to finish in the top three?
It's always good to have a friendly competition. We used this competition to push ourselves.How did you prepare for competition?
I do mixture of weight lifting and mountain climbing.
What would you say to Soldiers who are thinking about competing in this competition in the future?
My advice to other Soldiers who are looking to come out and try for the next competition is to just come out and try. You will never know how well you will perform if you never give it a chance. All you have to do is put your best effort into it.Why is it important for Soldiers to be good physical condition?Soldiers who are in assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division are under a high amount of stress, so going to the gym and working out is the best way to relieve stress.
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 5, 2020Andy's Fitness Center opening announced
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 4, 2020Supporting Warriors: Maneuver Operations
- August 3, 2020Kansas engineers build readiness through facilities upgrades
- August 3, 2020Army eyes joint force solution, closer allies to win in Indo-Pacific
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 30, 2020New fitness class: personalized workouts get blood pumping, heart rate bursting
- July 29, 202079th TSC Best Warrior Board
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to represent AMC at Army Best Warrior Competition
- July 27, 2020National Guard’s ultimate Joint Fires training opportunity
- July 24, 2020USARJ Best Warrior Competition challenges NCOs, Soldiers
- July 22, 2020Power Projection | Adapting the Strategic Support Area for the Future Operating Environment
- July 21, 2020Fitness training anywhere