By ACC public affairsOctober 11, 2013
Army Contracting Command individuals and units were recognized in nine of the 11 fiscal year 2013 Secretary of the Army Awards for Excellence in Contracting categories.
In announcing the award winners, Harry P. Hallock, deputy assistant secretary of the Army (procurement), said the awards are presented annually to recognize exemplary contracting organizations and individuals, specifically contracting organizations and individuals that excel in customer satisfaction, productivity, process improvement and quality enhancement.
"Congratulations to the award winners," said Brig. Gen. Ted Harrison, ACC commanding general. "Their selection is indicative of the superb performance by ACC personnel. I look forward to individually congratulating each of our award winners and thanking the ACC leaders for their support for this awards program and for nominating our ACC superstars. No doubt there were many worthy nominees to choose from."
This year, 47 nominations were received and 12 awards were presented.
The winners in the Special Awards category were:
• Barbara C. Heald: Irvin G. Bonus, 413th Contracting Support Brigade, Regional Contracting Office-Hawaii, Expeditionary Contracting Command, Fort Shafter, Hawaii
• AbilityOne: New England Soldier Systems and Individual Equipment Team - ACC-Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.
• Outstanding Contract Specialist/Procurement Analyst: Linda M. Finman - 409th Contracting Support Brigade, ECC, Kaiserslautern, Germany
The winners in the Outstanding Contracting Officer Awards category were:
• Outstanding Contracting Officer Installation Level-Directorate of Contracting: Thomas R. Guyer - 409th Contracting Support Brigade, ECC
• Outstanding Contracting Officer Specialized Services & Construction Contracting: Sonya DeLucia - ACC- Aberdeen Proving Ground.
• Outstanding Contracting Officer Contingency Contracting: Maj. William J. Griffin - 413th Contracting Support Brigade.
The winners in the Outstanding Unit/Team Awards category were:
• Outstanding Unit/Team Award for Systems, Research and Development, Logistics Support (Sustainment) Contracting: Family of Heavy Tactical Vehicles Evaluation Team - ACC-Warren, Mich.; and the CH-47 Multi Year II Contract Team, ACC-Redstone, Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
• Outstanding Unit/Team Award for Installation Level-Directorate of Contracting: ECC Fiscal Year 13 Virtual Procurement Management Review Team - ECC Headquarters, Redstone Arsenal.
• Outstanding Unit/Team Award for Specialized Services and Construction Contracting: Supply, Expeditionary and Construction Team - 414th Contracting Support Brigade, ECC, Vicenza, Italy.