By U.S. ArmyOctober 1, 2013
*** UPDATE (1 October 2013)***
Due to the Government shutdown, the JBM-HH homepage will not be updated until further notice.
For the most up-to-date information, log onto www.facebook.com/jbmhh.
It is important to stay informed of the federal government shutdown and the effects it may have on your unit. This serves as a resource for Department of Defense personnel.
For the latest news on the possible federal government shutdown, visit: www.defense.gov/home/features/2013/0913_govtshutdown/ .
For OPM Guidance on furloughs, visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/furlough-guidance/#url=Overview .
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has issued a message to the DoD workforce preparing for a possible government shutdown. The statement can be read at: http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=120885 .
The following is a list of activities on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall that will have abbreviated operating hours through the end of the shutdown. This list is not all-encompassing and it is highly recommended to call ahead to the facility or activity you with to visit for more details.
• Hispanic Heritage Month celebration scheduled for Oct. 2 is cancelled.
• Military Clothing Sales Store at the Pentagon- Closed.
• EEO-No complaints processing.
• Executive Management and Housing Directorate- Closed.
Housing residents should call in service orders to 703-696-2623.
UPH/Barracks residents should call in service orders to 703-696-3263.
• The Logistics Readiness Center (formerly known as Directorate of Logistics) will have limited operations:
o The Central Receiving Point at the building 205 warehouse will be staffed to accept deliveries.
o The Laundry/Dry Cleaning service point will operate as normal.
o The Transportation Motor-pool dispatch office will be closed, however, the fuel point will be operational.
o Dining Facility services will operate as normal.
o The Myer Flyer (Route 9) shuttle will not operate.
o The Central Issue Facility will not operate.
• DoD shuttle routes within the National Capital Region will operate on a normal schedule Tuesday, Oct. 1, until 5:30 p.m. There will be no further DoD shuttle service within the NCR after Oct. 1 for the duration of the shutdown.
• Directorate of Human Resources-
o Minimal functions to support Soldiers separating from the Army.
o Mail room hours reduced to half days.
o No print jobs will be performed.
o Responses to FOIA will not be completed.
o No academic or language testing for Soldiers.
o FAST class will be canceled.
o No drug testing or ASAP Prevention functions.
• Close Auto Craft Shop
• Fort McNair Gym: Monday through Thursday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
• Arlington National Cemetery will be open, however Arlington House will be closed.
o ANC Tours will not be operating during the federal government shuts down.
• All stateside Commissaries (including Alaska and Hawaii( will be closed.
o Commissaries will be open for a full business day Oct. 1 to reduce the amount of perishables on-hand before beginning a systematic closure process to account for unsold products and secure facilities.
• The Dental Clinic will be operating on severely reduced staffing. Emergency care will continue to be offered from 7:30- 9:30 a.m. daily. No walk in exams will be seen. Many scheduled appointments will have to be rescheduled due to civilian staff being sent home.
Due to the federal government shutdown and furlough of employees, events advertised for MCCS Henderson Hall in The Week Ahead may not take place. Please call ahead to confirm the status of advertised events.
The MCX, Barber Shop, Marine Club, ITT, The Vineyard Wine & Spirits, and Java Café are OPEN regular hours, but all events scheduled may not take place. The gym is open limited hours. Please see our furlough page at www.mccshh.com/governmentfurlough.html for details.