By U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria Public AffairsSeptember 30, 2013
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- Now that Congress is at a budgetary impasse, most portions of the government funded by appropriated funds will be forced to close down starting Tuesday.
Only operations and activities essential to safety, protection of human life, and protection of our national security, are exempted from shutting down. Therefore, many services that U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria provides, including some quality of life programs, are affected until the situation is resolved.
Here is a list of garrison services that are impacted by the shutdown:
IT: Normal operations.
ACS: Reduced services.
The Satellite Office in Bldg. 244 in Tower Barracks will be closed. The following ACS services are available at Bldg. 322 Rose Barracks, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., starting Oct. 1.
• AER loans available during normal hours, after hours through the Red Cross Center in Stuttgart.
• Relocation services, lending closet, newcomers information has normal hours.
• Financial Counseling is limited to one counselor and is during normal hours.
• Victim Advocacy Services for victims of domestic violence and abuse has normal hours; on call after hours.
• New Parent Support Programs (Home visits, Great Expectation and playgroups, etc.) will continue.
• ACS and community information with limited referral services, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Military Family Life Counselors are available, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., daily, Monday to Friday by phone. They are available at ACS from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. They are also available at the CDC and SAS facilities daily; and in the DoDEA School system (Elementary, Middle and High School).
• SHARP/SARC and SHARP Victim Advocacy services in support of Sexual Assault Program and victims of sexual assault, normal operation hours, on call after normal business hours.
• SFAC Information and Referral services will be available from the SFAC, Bldg. 165 on Rose Barracks, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
ACS in Garmisch:In general, the ACS office in Garmisch will be closed.
New Parent Support activities and events will continue as normal.
Emergency Financial Assistance (AER) will be covered by the American Red Cross.
The SHARP Team from USAG Bavaria-Grafenwoehr will cover Sexual Assault and Response for Garmisch.
Victims of domestic violence will be supported by the Garmisch FAP contractor in the center.
Directorate of Emergency Services (DES):
• Military Police, Fire and Emergency Services are not affected by the government shutdown.
• Contract security guards, PONDS guards and contract Installation Access Control Office registrars will continue to work normal hours.
• The Installation Access Control Office, and Vehicle Registration will maintain normal hours, however will be closed on Thursday in observance of German Reunification Day.
Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (DFMWR):
• All Child Development Centers (CDCs), SACs, and MST centers -- normal operating hours.
• Parent Central Services -- Normal operating hours.
• Army Lodging- Normal operating hours.
• Fitness Centers -- Normal operating hours.
• VAT office -- Normal operating hours.
• Bowling alley -- Normal operating hours.
• Car wash -- normal operating hours.
• Shuttle service to airport -- Normal operating hours.
• Cafes -Normal operating hours.
• Arts & Crafts -- Normal operating hours.
• Outdoor Recreation -- Normal operating hours.
• Private Organizations office -- Normal operating hours.
• Trips scheduled to depart prior to a shutdown will depart and return on schedule.
• Trips scheduled to depart after shutdown are subject to cancellation.
• NAF CPO will remain open.
Directorate of Human Resources (DHR):
• Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP)/ Drug & Alcohol Office will only perform emergency counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide and substance abuse counseling.
• Post Offices -- Normal operating hours with reduced manning
• Community mailrooms -- Normal operating hours with reduced manning.
• Education Center -- Open for ongoing, currently scheduled courses.
• Community In-/out-processing will remain open with reduced services.
• ID Cards -- Limited Services (not all functions will be possible) and reduced manning.
• Military Personnel Division (MPD) will be closed.
• Transition Center -- Normal operating hours.
• NOTE: Soldiers who need to out-process as part of their service separation will report to the Transition Center. The Transition Center will coordinate necessary actions with the MPD.
• Passport office -- Only service emergency, mission-related passports for accepted personnel.
• Shuttle buses will continue to operate with normal hours.
• Dining Facilities will continue to operate with normal hours with potential for reduced menus.
• Central Receiving Point (CRP)/ Regional Supply Support Activity (RSSA) -- normal operating hours.
• Central Issue Facility (CIF) -- normal operating hours.
• Personal property office -- normal operating hours.
• Drivers training -- normal operating hours.
• SATO travel -- normal operating hours.
• NOTE: Units need to tell their personnel if they have to cancel travel reservations, the individual has to tell SATO. Nothing will be canceled automatically.
• Vehicle inspection -- normal operating hours.
• NOTE: On Thursday, due to annual German Holiday, all logistics operations but Dining Facilities will be closed.
Directorate of Plans, Training, Mobilization and Security (DPTMS).
• Fingerprinting -- Open normal hours.
• Security Office: Background/personnel security checks -- closed.
• Installation Operations Center (IOC) -- normal operating hours.
• The Multipurpose Center, Bldg. 134 in Rose Barracks, will be open.
Directorate of Public Works (DPW).
• Housing Office -- normal operating hours.
• Work orders, service orders, and Emergency work orders -- normal procedures.
• Trash removal services will continue.
• Custodial service will continue.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Office
• Limited operations.
Public Affairs Office (PAO).
• Limited operations.
Resource Management Office (RMO).
• Normal operating hours.
Religious Support Office (RSO).
• Normal operating hours.
• Chaplains will continue to be available for counseling.
• Religious services will continue as scheduled.
Other Support agencies:
• AAFES -- All AAFES operations will have normal operating hours.
• American Red Cross -- Normal operating hours.
• DeCA -- Normal operating hours.
• DoDEA -- Normal operating hours.
• Regional Contracting Office (RCO) -- Will be open with minimal manning by Local National employees.
• United Services Organization (USO) -- Normal operating hours.
• Health clinic -- Normal operating hours (with delays) and possible cancellations based on availability of ancillary personnel.
• Dental clinic -- Normal operating hours (with delays) and possible cancellations based on availability of ancillary personnel.
• Legal Office -- Normal operating hours. Please expect delays and longer waits for Legal assistance.
• Training Support Center (TSC) -- Normal operating hours.
Information on openings/closures, which will be posted on the garrison website and social media resources, will be updated as the hours/situations change.
For more information, visit the websites listed above.
As soon as circumstances permit, the garrison will re-establish regular operating hours for all affected organizations.