2ID crews qualify with Multiple Launch Rocket System
By 2ID Public AffairsSeptember 26, 2013
CHEOLWEON, Korea -- Soldiers from B Battery, 6th Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, 210th Fires Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division conducted live fire qualification exercises in "Rocket Valley" near Cheolweon, South Korea Sept. 25.
During the training, Soldiers fired rockets from the M270A1 Multiple Launch Rocket System to certify their skills. Soldiers tested their equipment, developed crew cohesion, and built confidence in their skills. The training was also an opportunity to fire live rockets at a target more than 10 kilometers away.
"The training the Soldiers do is tough and realistic. It exercises part of our mission to support the Republic of Korea and U.S. governments to defend against threats and respond, if necessary," said Lt. Col. Mark Brock, commander of 6th Bn., 37th FA Regt.
Soldiers new to the unit practiced skills and built proficiency by working with experienced crew members. The launcher crews are required to do a live-fire qualification twice a year.
"Due to the high turnover of personnel here in Korea, it is important that we maintain our ability to 'fight tonight,'" said 1st Sgt. Joseph Taylor, B Battery first sergeant.
Crew qualification enhances 210th Fires Brigade's readiness to deter aggression against South Korea.
- August 11, 2020New Army Digital Garrison app serves as guide to on-post services
- August 10, 2020U.S. Army Medical Materiel Center-Korea reduces medication costs through ‘brand-to-generic’ initiative
- August 6, 2020Fuze removal success at BGCA
- August 6, 2020Air defense captain shares lofty ambitions
- August 6, 2020War Veterans Memorial Ceremony marks 70th anniversary of Korean Service Corps
- August 5, 2020121st Field Hospital Demonstrates Its Agility and Capability to Senior Medical Counterparts
- August 4, 2020121st Field Hospital Demonstrates Its Agility and Capability to ROK Counterparts
- August 3, 2020Unit Specialist for Intelligence and Sustainment Company reenlists at Humphreys
- July 30, 2020West Point cadets conduct new Army Rifle Qualification Test
- July 29, 2020Fort Bragg FA Execute HIMARS Rapid Infiltration (HI-RAIN) exercise
- July 27, 2020Cloud migration modernizes Army’s financial enterprise
- July 21, 2020Texas Guard launches innovation unit
- July 21, 2020EFMP & ME -- DOD launches new online tool to help families with special needs
- July 20, 2020Fort Knox chaplains launch first-ever virtual Vacation Bible School