Officials: Seoul weather advisory
By Mr. David Mcnally (RDECOM)July 23, 2008
YONGSAN GARRISON, Republic of Korea - A severe weather advisory is in effect for the Seoul area until 12 a.m. July 25.
"The forecast is for heavy rain up to 5 inches," said David Boatwright, USAG-Yongsan operations officer. "The monsoon rains are here."
Boatwright said Yongsan community members need to look out for flooding.
"Watch out for heavy rain, avoid low-lying areas and stay safe," he said. "Units should review their destructive weather plans and report any damage to USAG-Yongsan."
Officials said there could be high winds from 30-45 knots, with lightning and thunderstorms until 2 p.m.
Friday, the forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies with rain and chance of thunderstorms. For information, visit the online 5-day forecast.
- August 17, 2018As largest OCONUS military base, Camp Humphreys becomes major hub in South Korea
- August 16, 20182018 Pacific Best Medic Competition
- August 16, 2018Best Medic Competition rains down on Camp Casey
- August 15, 2018665th Movement Control Team hosts inaugural Gulo-Gulo Challenge
- August 14, 2018Warrior Leaders meet with Dongducheon City Mayor
- August 13, 2018Victory Prayer Luncheon unites Warrior Soldiers
- August 10, 20182ID/RUCD Soldiers engage local seniors through Good Neighbor program
- August 9, 2018Dogs, drones and Families face the rain for a night out
- August 9, 2018Army Tests Readiness of Medical Prepositioned Stocks
- July 30, 2018Next-generation radio bridge gives U.S. and Republic of Korea Soldiers real-time advantage
- July 24, 2018121st CSH conducts MEDEVAC training
- July 5, 2018MICC small business outreach