The Auditor General Coin
By Ms. Victoria Eby (AAA)September 6, 2013
In 1961, the Institute of Heraldry developed a design of a device of unofficial use, which is the Agency seal we use today.
The front of the Agency coin displays our logo and core values. The torch symbolizes knowledge and enlightenment; the laurel symbolizes strength, accomplishment and victory; the blue border emphasizes loyalty and steadfastness. Together, these symbols represent our loyal commitment to serve the Army by employing a workforce of intelligent, dedicated professionals who provide insight and value through our audit reports. Service, Ethics and Progress are our core values.
The back of the coin describes the locations where Army auditors have gone to conduct audits in service to the Army. Serving the American Soldier has been the heart of our mission since the Agency was established by executive order in 1946. The world map represents our commitment to join Soldiers in service throughout the world. The Department of the Army logo represents who we are and what we do: We are the Army's internal auditors, serving American Soldiers, civilians, and their families; Army leaders; and our Nation.
- August 15, 2017Corps of Engineers does its part to protect federal assets domestically and abroad
- August 10, 2017Landstuhl SATCOM facility receives DISA Europe award
- August 8, 2017Letterkenny Munitions Center Hosts Lieutenant General Piggee, U.S. Army G-4
- August 7, 2017Army-owned arsenal bucks national manufacturer trend by having robust job applicant interest
- August 4, 2017Raven's Challenge bomb tech exercise brings together Army, sister services, civilian agencies
- August 1, 2017PEO Aviation product manager's value engineering proposal saves $36 million, earns DoD recognition
- July 29, 2017Ling takes command of Army Reserve Sustainment Command
- July 28, 2017TRADOC Commander to Army War College graduates: Invest this education in your units
- July 27, 2017Army wins big in cost savings through Value Engineering program
- July 26, 2017Bid protest options offer faster ways to question government contracting process
- July 26, 2017Soldiers and Airmen, train in Patriot North 2017 exercise at Fort McCoy
- July 25, 2017JMRC Helps Evaluate UK and US Cadets
- July 21, 2017Acquisition roundtable focuses on small business interests
- July 19, 2017Fort Leonard Wood dentist defines personal courage
- July 19, 2017Inspector General School surpasses Army's new accreditation standards in pilot program
- July 17, 2017Playing 'the long game': US, partner nations build global readiness through excess equipment sales