Director of Army Safety visits USAARL
By U.S. ArmyAugust 22, 2013
FORT RUCKER, Ala. (August 21, 2013) - John Ramiccio, right, chief, Flight Systems Branch, U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, briefs Brig. Gen. Timothy J. Edens, director of Army Safety and commanding general, U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center during a demonstration of the Tactile Situation Awareness System.
During his visit to USAARL, Edens flew in a NUH-60FS simulator and experienced first-hand the capabilities of the TSAS, a one-of-a-kind system developed to enhance a pilot's situational awareness and to prevent spatial disorientation while flying. Individuals who fly with the TSAS are outfitted with vests that contain tactile simulators or tractors that help maintain pilot awareness of drift and altitude through non-visual means. Edens was also briefed on the laboratory's sensory and injury prevention research.
USAARL's research, development, tests and evaluations aims to protect and sustain the performance of aviators and Soldiers in the operational environment.
- October 18, 2019Domestic violence event raises awareness at Hood Stadium
- October 16, 2019Safety message extends lifecycle for Black Hawk parts
- October 15, 2019Garmisch students practice fire safety, earn a ride on a fire truck
- October 11, 2019USAG Japan ACS raises domestic violence awareness with 'Purple Pumpkin' event
- October 10, 20192019 Columbus Day Safety Message
- October 10, 2019Inclement weather, safety procedures for USAG Ansbach
- October 7, 2019Fort Knox trick-or-treating hours, safety message and listing of other Halloween-related events
- October 7, 2019Columbus Day Safety Message
- October 3, 2019Veteran Suicide Awareness Bike Ride
- October 3, 2019Safety is everyone's job
- October 2, 2019Domestic Violence Awareness Month: 3 strategies for prevention
- October 1, 2019Aerobathan brings breast cancer awareness to post
- October 1, 2019Keep It Simple: An Interview with Command Sgt. Maj. Timothy Guden
- October 1, 2019USAG Ansbach recognizes Domestic Violence Awareness Month