Director of Army Safety visits USAARL
By U.S. ArmyAugust 22, 2013
FORT RUCKER, Ala. (August 21, 2013) - John Ramiccio, right, chief, Flight Systems Branch, U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory, briefs Brig. Gen. Timothy J. Edens, director of Army Safety and commanding general, U.S. Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center during a demonstration of the Tactile Situation Awareness System.
During his visit to USAARL, Edens flew in a NUH-60FS simulator and experienced first-hand the capabilities of the TSAS, a one-of-a-kind system developed to enhance a pilot's situational awareness and to prevent spatial disorientation while flying. Individuals who fly with the TSAS are outfitted with vests that contain tactile simulators or tractors that help maintain pilot awareness of drift and altitude through non-visual means. Edens was also briefed on the laboratory's sensory and injury prevention research.
USAARL's research, development, tests and evaluations aims to protect and sustain the performance of aviators and Soldiers in the operational environment.
- July 19, 2019Animal Safety offers advice for residents who find strays, wildlife on post
- July 17, 2019Army's ground vehicle center earns top safety award
- July 17, 2019Crossing the Gap Safely: Vehicle Safety
- July 11, 2019Soldier helps save life of man struck by lightning
- July 10, 2019Veteran safety professional ensures USTRANSCOM's personnel and facilities stay safe and sound
- July 10, 2019Of floods and seaweed -- Factor in safety when planning a road trip for summer vacation
- July 9, 2019TACOM Safety Office Recognized with Awards
- July 2, 20198th TSC 2019 4th of July Holiday Safety Message
- July 1, 2019BAMC treats patient impaled with firework; underscores need for safety
- July 1, 2019First Team Works to Ensure Safe and Healthy Homes for Soldiers and Families
- July 1, 2019Independence Day Safety Message
- June 27, 2019Army names fiscal 2018 safety award recipients
- June 22, 2019ARCENT Hosts Safety Fair in Kuwait
- June 20, 2019Fourth of July firework safety
- June 18, 2019Dam Safety at Truman Lake
- June 13, 2019Biography 593d ESC Commander, COL Timothy P. White