Odierno visits India, focuses on future opportunities
By Chief of Staff of the Army Public AffairsJuly 25, 2013
NEW DELHI (July 25, 2013) -- Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno traveled to New Delhi this week, where he visited with his Indian counterpart, Gen. Bikram Singh, chief of army staff.The United States and Indian Armies have enjoyed a long-standing partnership over the years, operating alongside one another in training exercises and military exchanges.
During the visit, the generals discussed future opportunities between the two armies to further strengthen the relationship. Odierno also met with other senior leaders, spoke at the Indian National Defense College, and met with Soldiers of the Indian Army.
"It's important to work with other militaries, building relationships with one other, developing trust and understanding," said Odierno. "It was an honor for me to visit with General Singh and his staff. Sharing lessons learned and having a dialogue with other militaries concerning their operations and training is an important part of our mil-to-mil relationships."
Visits with military counterparts are conducted regularly by the chief of staff, both in Washington, D.C., and in host countries around the world. These counterpart visits are critical in sustaining military partnerships, as well as strengthening engagements opportunities.
- March 24, 2020Secretary of the Army Visits USAMRDC, Touts COVID-19 Funding Boost
- March 20, 2020Army EOD Soldiers train with civilian counterparts at Raven’s Challenge
- March 19, 2020COVID-19, Madigan modifies access and visitation, enhances hand hygiene
- March 19, 2020Survivors to gain easier access to Army posts
- March 18, 2020Secretary of Defense Visits USAMRDC, Delivers COVID-19 Response Plan
- March 12, 2020Soldiers, Airmen meet for joint training
- March 12, 2020AFC General Visits Aeromedical Research Laboratory
- March 12, 2020Mitchell returns to Red River for command visit
- March 10, 2020Survivors find easier access to Army installations
- March 10, 2020Quality of Life Critical to Train, Fight and Win -- U.S. Army Inspector General
- March 9, 2020Army EOD Soldiers train with civilian counterparts at Raven's Challenge