3d ESC Change of Command Ceremony
By Sgt. Justin Silvers (3rd ESC)June 21, 2013
Brig. Gen. Kristin K. French relinquished command of the 3d Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) to Col. (P) Flem B. "Donnie" Walker Jr. during a change of command ceremony June 18 at the Natcher Physical Fitness Center.
Maj. Gen. Jeffrey N. Colt, deputy commanding general of the XVIII Airborne Corps, based out of Fort Bragg, N.C., presided over the ceremony. Colt praised French's leadership and dedication, and wished Walker and his family the best of luck as the new command team.
French, who served as the commanding general of the 3d ESC since June 2011, said she was proud of the Soldiers she served with in the 3d ESC.
"A great deal has occurred during the two years of my tenure, not just in the 3d ESC, but in our Army and throughout the world," said French. "I am so proud and humbled that I got to stand shoulder to shoulder with them (3d ESC Soldiers) as we supported the warfighter each and every day."
Upon her departure, French will be heading to Rock Island Arsenal, Ill., to serve as the commanding general of the Joint Munitions Command.
Walker, the incoming commander of the 3d ESC, said he was honored and humbled to take command of the 3d ESC.
"Hope and I are honored and humbled for the opportunity to command this outstanding organization," said Walker. "It is a responsibility we don't take lightly and I assure you that we are excited about the challenges and journey ahead as we write yet another few chapters in the 3d ESC's long list of accomplishments."
Walker also thanked Fort Knox and the surrounding community for their support.
"My family and I have been overwhelmed by your generosity the past few days as we have transitioned here from the Pentagon and Huntsville, Ala." said Walker. "We look forward to getting to know you all in the weeks and months that follow."
Walker's previous assignment was in Washington, D.C. where he served as the Director for Strategy and Integration, Office of the Deputy Chief of staff, G-4.
- November 25, 2020Thanksgiving Feed-the-Troops tradition continues despite COVID-19
- November 23, 2020Prototype Sergeants Major Assessment Program at Fort Knox on the right path
- November 24, 2020Army researchers look to reduce rotorcraft noise
- November 24, 2020Healthy Holidays: How to gather safely during a pandemic
- November 24, 2020Temporary promotions for NCOs slated to begin next year
- November 23, 2020Rakkasans help with design of Army’s Future Assault Aircraft
- November 24, 2020Warp Speed readies to distribute new drug cocktail for COVID-19
- November 20, 2020P3 Soldier Athlete targets, Leader buy-in critical to holistic health
- November 23, 2020Operation Warp Speed refines vaccine delivery plan
- November 20, 2020Army replaces 'shark attack' with team event for tank crewmen, cavalry scout trainees
- November 20, 2020Military family member raises funds, sends 154 care packages to deployed Soldiers
- November 19, 2020No ‘easy-button’ in Army modernization, says G-8
- November 19, 2020First basic training class graduates wearing Army Green Service Uniform