Researchers @ Work: Robo Raven
By Produced by T'Jae Gibson and Larry Shank, ARL Public AffairsJune 12, 2013
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. (June 12, 2013) -- Researchers from the U.S. Army Research Laboratory and the University of Maryland teamed to create Robo Raven, a robotic bird that can perform extreme aerobatics that no other mechanical bird has ever been able to perform. Hear from ARL Researcher John Gerdes on ARL's collaboration with UMD and potential future military uses of this technology.
The research on Robo Raven conducted at the University of Maryland was supported by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
ARL is part of the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command, which has the mission to develop technology and engineering solutions for America's Soldiers.
RDECOM is a major subordinate command of the U.S. Army Materiel Command. AMC is the Army's premier provider of materiel readiness -- technology, acquisition support, materiel development, logistics power projection, and sustainment -- to the total force, across the spectrum of joint military
operations. If a Soldier shoots it, drives it, flies it, wears it, eats it or communicates with it, AMC provides it.
- February 15, 2019Deep-sea Soldiers: Army's engineer dive school poses rare challenge -- for those able to meet it
- February 14, 2019Smith becomes first woman from Corps elected to the National Academy of Engineering
- February 14, 2019Letterkenny Munitions Center commander speaks to local students
- February 14, 2019CCDC Soldier Center employee speaks at Black Engineer of the Year Awards seminar
- February 12, 2019Maryland Guard information operations team deploys to Horn of Africa
- February 12, 2019Task Force Engineer Academy
- February 11, 2019USAMRMC Welcomes Dawn Rosarius as Principal Assistant for Acquisition
- February 7, 2019Army engineer selected for BEYA STEM award
- February 6, 2019ANAD part of prototype testing
- February 5, 2019Army Corps of Engineers' first female brigadier general talks leadership with district staff
- February 1, 2019Army engineers get hands-on with futuristic tiltrotor aircraft
- February 1, 2019RDECOM transitioning to Army Futures Command
- January 31, 2019American Society of Mechanical Engineers recognizes Army researcher
- January 28, 2019Engineering With Nature® book launch is a resounding success
- January 22, 2019Maryland Guard Intel Battalion uses innovation to prepare for Army Combat Fitness Test