Researchers @ Work: Robo Raven
By Produced by T'Jae Gibson and Larry Shank, ARL Public AffairsJune 12, 2013
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. (June 12, 2013) -- Researchers from the U.S. Army Research Laboratory and the University of Maryland teamed to create Robo Raven, a robotic bird that can perform extreme aerobatics that no other mechanical bird has ever been able to perform. Hear from ARL Researcher John Gerdes on ARL's collaboration with UMD and potential future military uses of this technology.
The research on Robo Raven conducted at the University of Maryland was supported by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
ARL is part of the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command, which has the mission to develop technology and engineering solutions for America's Soldiers.
RDECOM is a major subordinate command of the U.S. Army Materiel Command. AMC is the Army's premier provider of materiel readiness -- technology, acquisition support, materiel development, logistics power projection, and sustainment -- to the total force, across the spectrum of joint military
operations. If a Soldier shoots it, drives it, flies it, wears it, eats it or communicates with it, AMC provides it.
- June 19, 2019Students become leaders during training
- June 19, 2019UNC System, Army spur student interest in STEM
- June 17, 2019Graduating Interns Reflect on Their "Once in a Lifetime" Year at USAMMDA
- June 14, 2019Air Defense Soldier reunites with his sister
- June 13, 2019Stop, look, listen, save a life
- June 13, 2019IGVC gives future scientists, engineers chance to face real-world robotic vehicle scenarios
- June 11, 2019Army focuses on power, propulsion for future unmanned aircraft systems
- June 10, 2019Why I Joined: Matthew Clark
- June 10, 2019New framework to train organizations on cyber attacks
- June 7, 2019OTA event sets path for small non-traditional businesses to interact with government
- June 4, 2019USARIEM patching ceremony signifies realignment under Army Futures Command
- June 4, 2019Korean and American college students visit Camp Humphreys
- May 31, 2019Same Goal, Same Mission: Town Hall Marks USAMRMC Redesignation to USAMRDC
- May 28, 2019Fort Detrick energy service contract to replace aging utilities
- May 21, 2019Air University Fellows Program offers two-year developmental opportunity for officers as students, f
- May 14, 2019Mechanics keep Diehard engineers moving forward