APG to celebrate Army Birthday with Organizational Run and Cake
By Pat Beauchamp, APG NewsJune 7, 2013
ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. - All APG Soldiers, family members, retirees, and government employees are invited to celebrate the Army's 238th birthday.
This year, Team APG is celebrating the Army birthday June 13 with a 5K Organizational Run beginning at 6:30 a.m. at Fanshaw Field.
"We want people to have fun and promote esprit-de-corps among Soldiers, veterans, civilians, Family members and friends assigned to or associated with Team APG," said Col. Gregory McClinton, garrison commander.
"This is going to be a fun time for people who join us," said Rodney Shelby, event coordinator.
The run will be followed by a cake cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. McClinton will be joined by Maj. Gen. Robert Ferrell, senior commander; Installation Command Sgt. Maj. Kennis Dent, Garrison Command Sgt. Maj. James Ervin and the youngest Soldier on the installation in cutting the cake. After the ceremonial cake cutting, fruit, water, granola, and, of course, cake will be provided by FMWR.
For more information about the event, contact Rodney Shelby at 410-278-4500.
- June 14, 2019The NCOL CoE and USASMA celebrate a new path of education
- June 14, 2019Oldest living American WWII veteran celebrates 95th birthday in Belgium
- June 14, 2019PEO IEW&S celebrates Army Birthday with Perry Point VA Medical Facility
- June 13, 2019902nd Contracting Battalion cases its colors for deployment
- June 12, 2019USASA Camp Roberts cuts ribbon to new headquarters
- June 12, 2019As Army turns 244 years old, lessons of D-Day still relevant today
- June 12, 2019OASA(ALT) Senior Leadership Organizational Chart
- June 11, 2019PHOTOS: Main Post Chapel cuts ribbon to new annex
- June 10, 2019Fort Drum graduates celebrate academic achievements
- June 7, 2019Post celebrates birthday with fireworks, live music
- June 6, 2019Observances celebrate Asian-Pacific heritage
- June 5, 2019ASA(ALT) Senior Leadership Organizational Chart
- June 5, 2019Young, Old, and Restless: Army Reserve marches into its 111th Birthday
- May 20, 2019Legacy Forest Gold Star Memorial unveiled at APG
- May 14, 2019Ribbon cutting ceremony marks official opening of Soldier Support Center
- May 10, 2019Community 'Discovers' APG