Fort Wainwright's Army 10-Miler qualifier
By Brian Schlumbohm/Fort Wainwright PAOJune 6, 2013
FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska -- Fort Wainwright's Army Ten-Miler qualifier event took place Friday at 6:30 a.m., with 49 participants finishing. The top 14 times from both Fort Wainwright and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's qualifying races will be used to determine the 10 primary and four alternate team members who will represent U.S. Army Alaska in this year's Army Ten-Miler.
The Army Ten-Miler is held every October in Washington D.C. Since its beginnings in 1985 it has grown to thousands of participants from all over the world.
The 10-mile course starts and ends at the Pentagon and takes runners by many of the country's most recognizable landmarks such as the Arlington National Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the National Mall, crossing two bridges: the George Mason Memorial Bridge and the Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Now in its 29th year, the Army Ten-Miler should see more than 30,000 registered runners with over 700 teams. USARAK will be among them.
- January 17, 2020Garrison welcomes new senior enlisted leader
- January 17, 2020Author Timothy Hillegonds to sign copies of his memoir 'The Distance Between' at Barr Jan. 30
- January 16, 202010th Mountain Officer competes in JFK 50 Miler
- January 16, 2020A familair face takes over as 62nd AW commander
- January 16, 2020Fort Drum community members take on 10-week fitness challenge
- January 16, 2020Expeditionary Muscle Memory
- January 15, 2020Air Force brings out heavy weapons at FLW
- January 14, 2020NJ Army National Guard visit to Picatinny part of ongoing community relations
- January 14, 2020MPs use new Modular Handgun System to train, qualify
- January 14, 2020SDDC renovates Surface Operations Center, improving operations
- January 9, 2020ANAD assists AL National Guard with artillery repair training
- January 9, 2020Camp Zama playgroup provides community for children, parents
- January 7, 2020Big game hunting to adaptive reconditioning
- January 6, 2020Regulation allows breastmilk storage in field
- December 23, 2019Santa delivers deployed Soldier home