Fort Wainwright's Army 10-Miler qualifier
By Brian Schlumbohm/Fort Wainwright PAOJune 6, 2013
FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska -- Fort Wainwright's Army Ten-Miler qualifier event took place Friday at 6:30 a.m., with 49 participants finishing. The top 14 times from both Fort Wainwright and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's qualifying races will be used to determine the 10 primary and four alternate team members who will represent U.S. Army Alaska in this year's Army Ten-Miler.
The Army Ten-Miler is held every October in Washington D.C. Since its beginnings in 1985 it has grown to thousands of participants from all over the world.
The 10-mile course starts and ends at the Pentagon and takes runners by many of the country's most recognizable landmarks such as the Arlington National Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the National Mall, crossing two bridges: the George Mason Memorial Bridge and the Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Now in its 29th year, the Army Ten-Miler should see more than 30,000 registered runners with over 700 teams. USARAK will be among them.
- November 18, 2019NAACP Honors Bronco Soldier for Outstanding Community Service
- November 18, 2019Medical command Soldier reflects on his Native American heritage
- November 18, 2019Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base Remembrance Day Ceremony
- November 15, 201930 Years - 10 Army Special Operation Forces Medal of Honor recipients
- November 14, 2019Hooper: Veteran the title 'I'll Cherish the Most'
- November 13, 2019219 Lancer Soldiers Prove Expert Proficiency
- November 13, 2019Camp Humphreys Chaplain Corps trains ROKA counterparts
- November 8, 2019Alaska National Guard focuses on Soldier care
- November 7, 2019Namhae family dedicates 74 years to memory of fallen service members
- November 7, 2019Kentucky Chautauqua presents Abraham Lincoln portrayal at Barr library Nov. 21
- November 5, 2019CMA Veterans Day Spotlight - John Furchert
- November 4, 2019Kentucky Soldier proud to celebrate Native American heritage
- October 30, 2019CSM Torres onboard as CSM Ulloth moves onto IMCOM headquarters
- October 30, 2019Teams from the Army's corporate lab run the Army 10-Miler
- October 23, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Veteran credits good leaders, friends for high personal standards
- October 22, 2019Army Reserve officer runs to honor father's Vietnam generation