Fort Wainwright's Army 10-Miler qualifier
By Brian Schlumbohm/Fort Wainwright PAOJune 6, 2013
FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska -- Fort Wainwright's Army Ten-Miler qualifier event took place Friday at 6:30 a.m., with 49 participants finishing. The top 14 times from both Fort Wainwright and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's qualifying races will be used to determine the 10 primary and four alternate team members who will represent U.S. Army Alaska in this year's Army Ten-Miler.
The Army Ten-Miler is held every October in Washington D.C. Since its beginnings in 1985 it has grown to thousands of participants from all over the world.
The 10-mile course starts and ends at the Pentagon and takes runners by many of the country's most recognizable landmarks such as the Arlington National Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the National Mall, crossing two bridges: the George Mason Memorial Bridge and the Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Now in its 29th year, the Army Ten-Miler should see more than 30,000 registered runners with over 700 teams. USARAK will be among them.
- February 11, 2019Warhorse Remembers; 10 year anniversary of Soldiers killed
- February 11, 2019Arctic Wolves Join Japanese Forces in Desert
- February 11, 2019Oregon National Guard medics prepare for training
- February 10, 201998th Honored at War Memorial in New York
- February 7, 2019Phone numbers changing in Italy
- February 6, 2019Army explosives experts compete for top honors in Hawaii
- February 6, 2019Garrison seeks community input for town hall
- February 4, 2019U.S. Army Recruiting Command to host tryouts for new fitness team
- January 29, 2019CRDAMC's Centering Pregnancy delivers new model of care for expectant moms
- January 29, 2019Artillery training aims to better prepare foreign allies
- January 29, 2019Lunar New Year & Presidents Day Safety Awareness
- January 25, 2019Challenging tryouts generate best of best
- January 24, 2019Armies Working Together
- January 18, 2019Bestselling authors Caroline, Charles Todd to sign copies of newest book at Barr Feb. 28
- January 11, 2019OPINION: That old car smell
- December 14, 2018Fort Wainwright Soldiers prepare for NTC following exercise