Fort Wainwright's Army 10-Miler qualifier
By Brian Schlumbohm/Fort Wainwright PAOJune 6, 2013
FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska -- Fort Wainwright's Army Ten-Miler qualifier event took place Friday at 6:30 a.m., with 49 participants finishing. The top 14 times from both Fort Wainwright and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's qualifying races will be used to determine the 10 primary and four alternate team members who will represent U.S. Army Alaska in this year's Army Ten-Miler.
The Army Ten-Miler is held every October in Washington D.C. Since its beginnings in 1985 it has grown to thousands of participants from all over the world.
The 10-mile course starts and ends at the Pentagon and takes runners by many of the country's most recognizable landmarks such as the Arlington National Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the National Mall, crossing two bridges: the George Mason Memorial Bridge and the Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Now in its 29th year, the Army Ten-Miler should see more than 30,000 registered runners with over 700 teams. USARAK will be among them.
- August 16, 2017Army Guard vocalist makes the rounds in National Capital Region
- August 16, 2017Son of fallen Virginia National Guard officer enlists on parents' 20th anniversary
- August 14, 2017Secretary of the Army discusses readiness, force development during TRADOC visit
- August 11, 2017Secretary of the Army discusses training, modernization at JBLE
- August 11, 2017Civilian wins Dellamonica award for outstanding AMC personnel
- August 11, 2017Applied Suicide Intervention Skills training - ASIST
- August 11, 2017Alaska Army National Guardsmen train in urban warfare
- August 11, 2017'Overhead's clear!' National Guard Soldiers train for urban warfare
- August 11, 2017Garrison pledges to care for customers, employees through SCI
- August 11, 2017Army, British soldiers seamlessly integrate air and land readiness in Estonian exercise
- August 10, 2017Child and Youth Services' Pre-K programs help students develop academic, social, emotional skills
- August 1, 2017Enjoying Mocktails at Porch Talk
- August 1, 2017New digital memorial wall honors fallen USASOC Soldiers
- July 28, 2017TF Smith 67th memorial ceremony
- July 28, 2017Speaker of the House Paul Ryan visits, trains with 101st Airborne
- July 27, 2017Division hosts Mountain Salute for deputy commanders