FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska -As the impending 11-day furlough for civilian personnel creeps closer, the Fort Wainwright Employee Assistance Program has put together a list of agencies in the Fairbanks North Star Borough that may help lessen the impact on individuals and family members.Demetria Veasy, career development specialist for the State of Alaska said, "We have staff available to help search for part-time work or temporary employment, assist with training and provide information regarding unemployment benefits." Anyone seeking this type of assistance can contact the Alaska Department of Labor Job Services by calling 451-5959.The Alaska Department of Health and Human Services, Public Assistance Office can also help with finding part-time work and unemployment benefits as well as providing information on Medicaid, food stamps, emergency relief, Women Infants and Children program, childcare, Denali Kid Care and heating assistance. For more information, call 451-2301 or 451-2850.Denali Kid Care is a program that provides health and dental care for children 18 years and younger. They will also assist with wellness checkups and prescriptions. Additional information can be provided by calling (888) 318-8890. Medical and dental care can also be provided at the Interior Community Health Care Center, 1606 23rd Avenue, or the Fairbanks Public Health Center, 1205 West Barnette Street. For more information, call 455-4567 or 452-1776."The Fort Wainwright team is also here to help," said Cheryl Adamson, EAP counselor. "We will point people in the right direction, or (we're here) if they're just feeling stressed and need someone to talk to."Adamson added the University of Alaska Cooperative Extension Office can provide information on meal- planning, recipes, gardening tips, cooking, shopping and budgeting. They can be reached at 474-0153. The Stone Soup Cafe located at 200 1st Avenue in Fairbanks provides free breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday, and the Immaculate Conception Soup Kitchen, 115 North Cushman Street, provides free lunch Saturday and Sunday. For more information, call 456-8317 or 452-3533.The WIC program provides temporary assistance through food stamps, the Farmer's Market Program and general relief. They are located at 726 26th Avenue and can be reached by calling 456- 2990."The Resource Center for Parents and Children will also assist with WIC, and provides parenting support in person or over the phone," Adamson said. For more information, call 456-2866. She said another another good program is Heating Assistance which helps pay heating expenses. They can be reached at 1-800-470-3058.Other agencies are poised to help with mental-health issues, disability support, counseling and suicide prevention. The Fairbanks Vet Center is located at 540 4th Avenue. Their phone number is 456-2990."We are also here to serve children and adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities, and also seniors with Alzheimer's disease or other diabling conditions," said Eva Norwood, community development director, Fairbanks Resource Agency. For more information, call 456-8901.Army leadership understands the impact this action has on civilian employees. Lt. Gen. Mike Ferriter, Installation Management Command, commander said, "Furlough is big business. It hurts you and we know it."Anyone needing assistance through the furlough period or "just needs someone to talk to" call Adamson at 361-1381; Michelle Arnold, Care Provider Support Program at 361-5814 or the Crisis Hotline at 452-HELP.