Army Reserve-PR invests millions in Aguadilla
By MAJ Carlos M. Cuebas, 1st MSC PAOApril 16, 2013
Aguadilla, PR- Officers from the Army Reserve-Puerto Rico and the 81st Regional Support Command (RSC) participated in a ribbon cutting ceremony of a modern operations center in the closed Ramey Air force Base in Aguadilla, 14 April.Maj. Gen. Gill P. Beck, 81st RSC Commanding General, Brig. Gen. Fernando Fernández, senior US Army officer in the Caribbean, Maj. Gens. (Ret) Felix Santoni and Allen Bell as well as the US Army Reserve Ambassador Horacio Cabrera were present during the ceremony, among other attendees."I am very pleased with the work that everyone has done to make this possible. Today we can see the tangible results of the Army Reserve commitment to the soldiers here in Puerto Rico. You are an absolute, indispensable part of our Army and our National defense. We always depended on you. You always delivered," said Beck while referring to the troops assigned to the Army Reserve forces in Puerto Rico.The new Army Reserve Center will be home to six Army Reserve units. They are the 210th Regional Support Group, the 77th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, the 91st Chaplain Detachment, the 311th Quartermaster Company, the 266th Ordnance Company and Branch Maintenance Area 161."By inaugurating these facilities today, we are taking the critical steps to ensure our troops have the resources and the facilities needed to plan operations and train personnel, so we can continue supporting the needs of our nation," said Fernandez, commander of the 1st Mission Support Command, US Army Reserve-Puerto Rico.The new three-story facility is approximately 50,000 sq. ft. The total cost of the project was approximately $7.6 million and employed hundreds of personnel during the construction phase.The construction in Aguadilla is part of a larger modernization of the Army Reserve facilities across the island. Currently, there are other Reserve Centers being constructed in Mayaguez, with an investment of $18 million, and at Fort Buchanan with an investment of $21 million.
- August 7, 2020Cadets lead from the front during summer camp in Puerto Rico
- August 7, 2020Camp Zama facilities named best in 7 categories in Stars and Stripes reader’s poll
- August 6, 2020Workforce reminded to be watchful during Antiterrorism Awareness Month, always
- August 5, 2020Day two of ROTC Summer Camp in Puerto Rico
- August 5, 2020MP’s Deployed to KSA Certify to Enforce the Law
- August 4, 2020Texas NG, Active and Reserve forces help hospitals
- August 3, 2020ROTC Summer Camp, Operation Agile Leader begins in Puerto Rico!
- August 3, 2020Kansas engineers build readiness through facilities upgrades
- July 30, 2020Patient safety remains a top priority at European Army medical facilities
- July 29, 2020Annual Training sprinkled with reality
- July 23, 2020Fort Buchanan Running Track Memorialization - Dedication Ceremony
- July 22, 2020USAG Fort Buchanan welcomes its 10th Command Sergeant Major
- July 10, 2020George C. Marshall Award Recipient Joins the Puerto Rico Army National Guard