By ARL Public AffairsJune 16, 2008
ADELPHI, Md. - Eight U.S. Army Research Laboratory employees were recently recognized by the Baltimore Federal Executive Board for their contributions to federal service at its 41st annual banquet in Baltimore.
The FEB culminates its Excellence in Federal Career Awards Program at an annual banquet. Held during Public Service Recognition Week, the banquet recognizes employees for excellence in public service during the previous year.
The awards are divided into gold, silver, and bronze categories. ARL received two gold awards from its Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, Tarasa R. Miller, for Outstanding Administrative/ Management Assistant, and Eric Klier for Outstanding Rookie (Technical, Scientific, and Program Specialist). Only 20 gold award winners were named.
In addition, ARL had five silver award recipients and one bronze recipient.
Nearly 1,000 federal officials, employees and military service members, family members and guests attended, including Maryland's U.S. Senators, Barbara Mikulski and Benjamin Cardin. Cong. John Sarbanes, son of former Sen. Paul Sarbanes, opened the banquet by praising the contributions of all federal employees.
Gold Award Recipients
-Tarasa R. Miller- ARL Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, Outstanding Administrative Assistant/Management Assistant or Administrative Work Group or Team (Individual)
- Eric Klier- WMRD, Rookie Employee of the Year (Technical, Scientific and Program Support)
Silver Award Recipients
- Victor Champagne- WMRD, Outstanding Professional Non-Supervisory Technical, Scientific, and Program Support
- Rex A. Hall- WMRD, Outstanding Para-Professional Non-Supervisory Technical, Scientific and Program Support
- Heather A. Haywood and Rebecca L. Setters- Survivability/Lethality Analysis Directorate, Outstanding Administrative Assistant (Work Group)
- Lawrence W. Burton- WMRD, Volunteer Service (Individual)
-Dr. Ronald A. Weiss- SLAD, Distinguished Public Service Career
Bronze Award Recipient
-Dr. Mark VanLandingham- WMRD, Outstanding Supervisor (Grades 13 and above)