SENIOR LEADERS ARE SAYING
"Everyone in uniform and retirees have given our nation a blank check that allows our nation to send them anywhere, most of the time allowing them to take their families, to go and defend what we believe: democracy, our interests around the world, and our way of life; to defend the nation around the globe or at home. They deserve the best we can offer with TRICARE and this entitlement program. What we are doing in coming back here is making sure we are filling that commitment and the Army Family Covenant."
-Maj. Gen. Elder Granger, former deputy director and program executive officer of the TRICARE management activity, office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs)
Family members find answers from TRICARE
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
Year of the Noncommissioned Officer
"To get an award is great, but in a lot of these tough fights, everybody out there deserves valor awards. It's just that certain individuals get recognized. But I would say the greater honor was being able to be out there with Chosen Company."
-Staff Sgt. Justin Grimm received the Silver Star for gallantry at the Battle of Wanat, is currently with the 198th Infantry Brigade, acted with complete disregard for his own personal safety, leaving his defensive position to emplace a claymore mine and deny the enemy a critical avenue of approach.
Four NCOs get medals for combat valor
2009 Commemorations :
Year of the NCO
Year of the Military Family
100th Anniversary of the Chaplain Assistant
Dec. 16 to Jan. 25 : 65th Anniversary of Battle of the Bulge
Dec. 24: STAND-TO! edition will not be published
Dec. 25: Christmas Holiday
Dec. 31: STAND-TO! edition will not be published
What is it?
TRICARE Online (TOL) is a secure Web portal designed to increase access to care for authorized TRICARE beneficiaries and access to information for designated TRICARE physicians and support staff. TOL was developed by the Department of Defense (DOD) in response to beneficiary requests for greater access to health and wellness information, online appointments and prescription refills.
What has the Army done?
To enhance access to care and patient satisfaction scheduling routine appointments, the Army Medical Department (AMEDD) encourages greater use of TOL. Soldiers and family members who register for TOL at the military treatment facility (MTF) where assigned or enrolled, can use it at any time, from any location, to access health and wellness information, schedule a routine appointments, check the status of prescription medications or refill prescriptions on line-which includes a link to access the TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy Program.
Registration for TOL also provides Soldiers and family members real-time access to enrollment-related transactions. For example, they can update their address or telephone number, review or request TRICARE information, transfer their enrollment between a TRICARE Region or MTF; and most important, Soldiers can update and verify their family members TRICARE eligibility in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. Registration and additional TOL information is available at TRICARE Online Web site.
What continued efforts does the Army have planned for the future?
The DOD is developing a parental appointing option to let parents schedule routine appointments online for their minor children using the parent's TOL account. At some Army MTFs, Soldiers and family members can use TOL to schedule routine wellness appointments. The AMEDD's goal for the future is to web-enable 80 percent of its primary care appointments at Army MTF's and have five percent of all routine beneficiary appointments scheduled using TOL.
Why is knowing about TOL important to the Army?
At the direction of the Army Surgeon General and MEDCOM commander, access to care is now one of the top priorities for the AMEDD. Soldiers and family members want greater access to the health care benefit they have earned. TOL provides Soldiers and family members the ability to schedule appointments 24 hours a day, seven days a week-making it a flexible, convenient alternative to scheduling appointments by phone during normal business hours at the MTF appointment center. TOL gives Soldiers and family members the freedom to manage their time and their health care needs.
TRICARE Online Web site
ABOUT THE ARMY
- Chief of Staff makes stop in Germany on round the world tour (The U.S. Army)
- General defends move to prohibit pregnancy, calls female Soldiers 'invaluable' (Fox News)
- Video: U.S. Soldiers in Iraq could face courts-martial for getting pregnant (CNN)
- Soldier blasts off for mission on International Space Station (The U.S. Army)
- Stryker Soldiers say commanders failed them (Army Times)
- Blind officer graduates Maneuver Captain's Career Course (The U.S. Army)
- Married couple has different challenge while deployed (The U.S. Army)
- SMA brings USO tour to Iraq (The U.S. Army)
- Fort Huachuca Soldier wins big on TV game show (The U.S. Army)
- Top U.S officer: Force must be option for Iran (The Washington Post)
- Hill, Odierno discuss Iraq election, relations with Iran (The U.S. Army)
- In Afghanistan, U.S. success depends on Karzai (NPR)
- A short-term approach to Afghanistan (The Washington Post)
- ‘It’s a whole new mission’ (The News Tribune)
- Despite U.S. help, Yemen faces growing al-Qaeda threat (Time)
- Opinion : The science of the Afghan insurgency (USA Today)
- Allegation: Some contractors in Afghanistan paying protection money to Taliban (Politics Daily)
- Military mentors discreetly hired, fired (USA Today)
- Interview: The General (NewsWeek)
- Defense bill earmarks total $4 billion (Wall Street Journal)
- Obama signs bill for defense, jobless benefits (Business Week)
- Defense cites rights violation (San Antonio Express-News)
- Obama to name Howard Schmidt as cybersecurity coordinator (The Washington Post)
- Soldier on leave from Afghanistan killed in Baltimore (Baltimore Sun)
- American children in South Korea get new protective masks (Stars &Stripes)
- Ahmadinejad denies Iran nuclear bomb trigger tests (BBC)
- U.S. forces mounted secret Pakistan raids in hunt for al-Qaida (The Guardian)
- Iran dismisses U.S. deadline for nuke deal (Jerusalem Post)
- U.S. increases funds for Israeli missile defense (Israel News)
- Merkel faces growing dissent on Afghanistan (Financial Times)
- Taliban clash with Afghan forces (Al Jazeera)
- STAND-TO! Home
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe to STAND-TO!
- Send Feedback
- Privacy & Security
- U.S. Army Homepage
External Links Disclaimer - The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the Department of the U.S. Army of the linked web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.