"These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation ...but they have failed. Our country is strong."
- President George W. Bush, addressing the nation on Sept. 11, 2001
Statement by the President in his address to the nation
Patriot Day, 2008
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America
September 11, 2001, was etched into America's memory when 19 terrorists attacked us with barbarity unequaled in our history. On Patriot Day, we cherish the memory of the thousands of innocent victims lost, extend our thoughts and prayers to their families, and honor the heroic men and women who risked and sacrificed their lives so others might survive.
Patriot Day Web site
- 2008 Strategic Communication Guide - Read the 2008 Army Strategic Communication Guide for key messages and updates
- Strategic Communication Coordination Group (SCCG) Workspace
- Army Public Affairs Portal
- Stories of Valor
- Speaker's Toolkit
- Information Papers with " 2008 Army Posture Statement"
September 2008: National Preparedness Month
Sept. 7-13, 2008: National Suicide Prevention Week
Sept. 11, 2008: Patriot Day
Sept. 18, 2008: National Preparedness Awareness Day
Sept. 19, 2008: POW/MIA Recognition Day