Online Soldier's Benefits Services Program
What is it? The Soldiers' Benefits Services (SBS) Web site is the most robust, current, information-filled benefits website available on the Internet today. Soldiers on active duty with an AKO password can access personalized reports on the Soldier's survivor, disability, and retirement benefits while on active duty.
What has the Army done? The Army has created its official one-stop web-based resource for all benefits information. The Army has integrated benefits information and resources into one single location on the web so users don't need to spend hours searching the Internet.
What continued efforts does the Army have planned for the future? Administrators will continually update the Web site as new information and user feedback become available. The most important mission now is for leaders to get the word out to Soldiers and Families about this great resource.
Why is it important to the Army? A well-informed Soldier is an effective Soldier. With literally hundreds of benefits available, it can be a daunting task for Soldiers and Families to search the web for answers. The Soldiers' Benefits Services Web site alleviates the stress on users by consolidating benefits information into one Web site.
The SBS Web site features include:
- Benefit Resources- Local benefit resources at all major Army installations worldwide.
- Survivor Planning- A calculator that projects the Family's benefits as they would be delivered to the Soldier's beneficiaries.
- Retirement Planning- A calculator to "project" your retirement. Both the Retirement and the Survivor Planning features allow Soldiers to perform "what if" drills to see how one's retirement is affected by performance over a period of time.
- Army Wounded Warrior (AW2) Assistance- A calculator and interactive tool to calculate a Soldier's estimated disability rating and disability retirement income based upon combat and combat-related injuries as listed.
- Casualty and Survivor Assistance- This feature enables Casualty Assistance Officers to provide surviving Family members with a clear, accurate and integrated benefits report.
- Fact Sheets- Customized by Army component and Soldier status, these fact sheets contain essential benefits information on more than 100 topics. They are available in both English and Spanish. Additionally, 54 state and territory fact sheets identify specific benefits and eligibilities for Soldiers residing in those states and territories.
The SBS Web site can be accessed by clicking here.
- 2007 Strategic Communication Guide - Read the 2007 Army Strategic Communication Guide for key messages and updates.
- Strategic Communication Coordination Group (SCCG) Workspace
- Army Public Affairs Portal