2006 AUSA ANNUAL MEETING AND EXPOSITION: The Theme is 'CALL TO DUTY - Boots on the Ground
- 'Call to Duty - Boots on the Ground' the theme of this year's Annual Meeting - will set the tone for speeches, industry and military exhibits and special presentations from senior Defense Department and Army leaders on subjects relating to the Army's service in Afghanistan, Iraq and the global war on terrorism - while transforming from the Current Force to the Future Force.
- Association officials said this year's three-day conference will emphasize 'AUSA's important educational and professional role in supporting the warfighting and transforming Army - active, Army National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve - the men and women who serve and who have served, Army civilians, their families and the Army's important and necessary vision for the future.'
- The AUSA meeting, known as the 'free world's largest land warfare forum and exposition,' will focus on panel discussions, educational forums, special multi-media presentations and workshops that will reinforce, examine and showcase the Army Plan-the integrated blueprint for our transformation.
- As the Army rapidly advances toward a modular force that will be lighter and more mobile, lethal and survivable on future battlefields, its leadership - civilian and military - will brief meeting attendees on the status of the scientific and technological advances made in support of the nation's premier land fighting force as an expeditionary Army instilled with the 'Warrior Ethos.'
- The meeting attracts more than 30,000 members and guests annually.
- The 2006 AUSA Annual Meeting will be held at the Washington Convention Center, located at Mt. Vernon Square (between 7th and 9th Streets at New York and Massachusetts Avenues. More information about the Washington Convention Center can be obtained at the center's website at www.dcconventioncenter.com
- AUSA website: www.ausa.org
Irregular Warfare: Counterinsurgency Challenges and Perspectives
Date: Oct. 10, 2006 Time: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Place: Room 150B, Washington Convention Center
Co-sponsor: U.S. Army Counterinsurgency Center, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
More information: www.eisenhowerseries.com/events/06_14/index.php
Note: This program is being held in conjunction with AUSA's Annual Meeting
22st ANNUAL ARMY TEN MILER OCTOBER 8, 2006
When: Sunday, October 8, 2006 8:00 AM
Where: The Pentagon Washington , DC
The Army Ten Miler is produced by the Military District of Washington www.mdw.army.mil