As we all know transforming, modernizing and growing the Army require financial resources. An important way that the Army can provide those resources is by changing the way the Army does business. In essence, through a Business Transformation that is conducted in parallel with Force Transformation. And we are doing just that.
Dr. Francis J. Harvey
Secretary of the United States Army
What is it? Successful business transformation is essential to the long-term health of the Army because it will free up financial resources that can be applied to the warfighter. Therefore, the Army is changing how the Army "conducts business" by streamlining or eliminating redundant operations. These changes are well under way and are improving quality, decreasing cycle time and saving money. The Secretary of the Army priorities for Business Transformation remain:
- Major Acquisition Programs - Successful execution of key programs particulary Future Combat Systems (FCS), Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS), Warfighter Information Network - Tactical (WIN-T), and Army Aviation.
- Financial Resources - Ensuring the financial resources to execute The Army Plan..., working closely with OSD and Congress.
- Partnership and Relationship - a "no daylight" partnership with the Chief of Staff, Army, coupled with productive relationships with the Secretary of Defense and the other Service Secretaries, the Congress, Industry, and the Retired Community.
- Soldiers and their Families - Continually providing for well-being and quality of life.
- Land Forces Required to Win the Global War on Terror - Effectively managing the force and ensuring readiness..., through recruiting, retaining, rewarding, organizing, training, and equipping.
- Leadership - Growing future Army leaders..., a "full-spectrum pentathlete" for the 21st Century Security Environment.
- Transformation - Evolutionary change leading to revolutionary outcomes....Major focus on Business practices..., to keep pace with the transformation in how the Army fights.
For additional information please visit: http://www.army.mil/aeioo/DUSABT
Army $1000 Referral Bonus Program - Refer a qualified applicant and receive a $1000 Referral Bonus when the applicant completes military training.
The Army has implemented a pilot program which allows Soldiers to refer applicants to recruiters. Soldiers who make referrals may receive a referral bonus for referring anyone who is qualified, has no prior military service in the Armed Forces, and completes military training. Immediate family members do not qualify as a referral. The applicant must enlist in the Regular Component of the Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard, and complete Basic and Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Additional details about the program and eligible Soldiers may be obtained at www.usarec.army.mil/smart or www.1800goguard.com/esar.