Personnel Services Delivery Redesign (PSDR)
The Adjutant General Directorate (TAGD) of Human Resources Command (HRC), in coordination with the Army G1 and the Soldier Support Institute, is leading the HR community's response to Army transformation through the Personnel Services Delivery Redesign (PSDR).
PSDR migrates the core of HR support to TOE BDE and BN S1 sections; provides additional personnel and equipment resources to the TOE S1; and provides new theater level TOE HR units for casualty reporting, postal operations, and R5 (reception, return to duty, rest and recuperation, replacement, and redeployment) Personnel Accountability Teams (PAT).
- Migrating tasks means expanding many personnel tasks performed at brigade and below, and adding over 20 new tasks. The brigade and battalion S1s will be staffed, equipped, and trained to absorb the increased workload.
- Organic HR professionals in the TOE BCT/BDE and BN S1 sections are the basic building block within this organizational concept. This design calls for a robust S1 team with the knowledge, skills, and ability to interface with the top of the Army.
- Equipment to access HR systems and the authority to accomplish the new and expanded tasks will bring personnel services as close as possible to Soldiers and commanders. Vital network connectivity and bandwidth are provided through access to satellite systems.
- New HR units are designed to be modular, scalable and flexible. These new organizations provide more effective and efficient support to the modular, joint, expeditionary Army. The modular structure of postal, R5 PATs, and casualty support allows for the employment of the tailored, minimal force structure required for a unique theater.
- Implementation of PSDR consists of a phased fielding of equipment, personnel, and training that started in FY05 and is scheduled for completion no later than the end of FY08. The Soldier Support Institute will train transforming units and synchronize their efforts with the arrival of the additional personnel assets and equipment.
The Army G3 will publish an implementation order with the timeline for PSDR. The PSDR implementation plan will factor in Inter-Global Positioning and Basing Strategy (IGPBS), Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) decisions, unit manning, modularity, and the deployment schedule of the total Army.
For more information on PSDR or for questions, contact a POC from The Adjutant General Directorate (TAGD) at PSDR@hoffman.army.mil or go to https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/active/TAGD/CDID/PSDR/default.htm, and for discussion please visit the S1 net at https://s1net.army.mil/s1net
A great start for our Army pro stock motorcycle riders this weekend in Gainesville, FL! This was their first race of the year and ended with both drivers facing each other in the finals. Angelle ended up coming out on top, beating Antron after he had a red light foul. Tony Shumacher lost in the first round to Doug Herbert. The NASCAR race in Atlanta was postponed until today at 11:00am ET due to weather. Army Bull Rider, Mike Lee, was in Tacoma this weekend and ultimately finished 22nd in the Average. He is currently still 2nd in the BFTS world standings.