U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems
U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems, headquartered at Fort Belvoir, VA, is responsible for a variety of Information Technology hardware and software needs which support the Army and DOD, primarily in Combat Service Support arenas. Today, we highlight Project and Product Managers in PEO EIS Business Systems.
- Army's Human Resources System is a collection of personnel accountability and maintenance software. E-MILPO processes and updates personnel records in near real time. MyERB gives Soldiers a one-page career summary and DTAS lets those in theater muster via the internet. Click http://www.eis.army.mil/ahrs/ahrs.asp to learn more about AHRS.
- The Force Management System will permit commanders to select the right Warfighters or combat units needed to support any contingency, anytime through modularity. Click https://my.eis.army.mil/pws/index3.htm to learn about FMS.
- Our National Guard and Army Reserve IT systems are the responsibility of Reserve Component Automation System. They've made deployment and mobilization easier with CD's replacing three ring binders. Click https://aits-info-web.ngb.army.mil/ to learn more about RCAS.
- Distributed Learning System provides a suite of training platforms for live, virtual and web-based instruction via some 300 digital training facilities worldwide. Army E-Learning is currently accepting Soldiers and Department of Army Civilians for an opportunity to learn up to 29 foreign languages via the web and Rosetta Stone. Click http://www.dls.army.mil/ to learn more about DLS.
- Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care assists in providing a lifelong electronic medical record. MC4 provides inventory control, note taking and complete medical situational awareness for commanders. Click https://www.mc4.army.mil/ to learn more about MC4.
- Understanding where projects are in development and reporting their status is the responsibility of Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Enterprise Systems and Services. Click http://www.altess.army.mil/ to learn more about ALTESS.
- Installation Management Systems - Army provides garrison commanders inventory and range facility management systems. Click http://www.eis.army.mil/hsms/hsmsism.htm to learn about IMS-A.
- In the future, working with the recruiting community, Virtual Interactive Processing Stations from the Military Entrance Processing Command will better manage military accessions in near real time.
- Shortly, our Standard Procurement System will be transferred to a new organization being stood up in DOD - the Business Transformation Agency. SPS is working to automate and standardize the procurement process in all the services. Click http://www.spscoe.sps.eis.army.mil/ to learn more about SPS.
ANNOUNCING INDUSTRY DAY 2006
The AFCEA-Belvoir/PEO EIS Industry Day will be held March 15-17 in Bethesda, MD The theme this year is: Transforming the Business Enterprise. For more information or to register for Industry Day 2006 visit: www.fbcinc.com/peoeis or email: firstname.lastname@example.org