Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM) Part 2
RDECOM has 17,500 personnel located at several multi-mission research, development and engineering centers throughout the United States including:
- Armaments Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), Picatinny Arsenal, NJ - The mission of the Armament Research Development and Engineering Center is to conduct and manage research, development, and life-cycle engineering for current and future armament and munitions systems by maintaining a strong technology base in government, industry, and universities from which to evolve improved items and prevent technology surprise. Other location: Benet Labs, NY
- Army Research Laboratory (ARL), Adelphi, MD - The mission of the Army Research Laboratory is to deliver the scientific discoveries, technological advances, and the analyses that provide warfighters with the capabilities with which to execute full-spectrum operations. The U.S. Army Research Laboratory's (ARL) investment portfolio is focused on basic research and maturing technologies for transition principally to the Research, Development, and Engineering Centers (RDECs). Other locations: Aberdeen, MD; Blossom Point, MD; White Sands, NM; Research Triangle Park, NC; NASA Langley, VA; NASA Glenn, OH.
- Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), Redstone, AL - The mission of the Aviation and Missile, Research, Development and Engineering Center is to plan, manage and conduct research, exploratory and advanced development, and provide one-stop life cycle engineering, technical, and scientific support for aviation and missile weapon systems and their support systems. These systems include UAV platforms, robotic ground vehicles, and all other assigned systems, programs and projects. Other locations: Fort Eustis, VA; NASA Ames - Moffett Field, CA; NASA Langley, VA
- Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC), Fort Monmouth, NJ - The mission of the Communications Electronics Research Development and Engineering Center is to develop and integrate Communications, Command and Control, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Technologies that enable information dominance to the Warfighter. Other location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD - The Edgewood Chemical Biological Center fosters research, development, testing, and application of technologies for protecting U.S. Warfighters and our homeland from chemical and biological warfare agents. ECBC laboratories, testing chambers, fabrication facilities, material management systems and environmental controls utilize the most advanced technologies and equipment.
- Natick Soldier Center (NSC), Natick, MA - The Natick Soldier Center has a mission dedicated to maximizing the soldier's survivability, sustainability, mobility, combat effectiveness and quality of life by treating the soldier as a system. This is accomplished by applied research, technology development and demonstration, engineering of combat clothing, individual equipment, rations, food service equipment, airdrop systems, shelters, and organizational equipment.
- Simulation and Training Technology Center (STTC), Orlando, FL - The mission of the Simulation and Training Technology Center is to enhance Warfighter readiness. The focus is on research and development of applied simulation technologies for learning, training, testing and mission rehearsal. STTC key competency areas are: Real-Time Human-in-the-Loop Simulation Technologies, Behavioral Representation, Shared Simulation Environments, and Partnering to optimize value.
- Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC), Warren, MI - The mission of the Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center is to research, develop, engineer, leverage and integrate advanced technology into ground systems and support equipment throughout the life cycle. TARDEC is the nation's laboratory for advanced military automotive technology, and is located in the heart of the world's automotive capitol.
RDECOM's technology expertise, analytical capabilities and unparalleled collaboration with academia and industry provide cutting edge technology to the Warfighters in all services. As the Army transforms, it must be able to exploit and apply technological solutions from across the world to a wide spectrum of threats in near real time. RDECOM gives the Army and the nation that capability.