We serve the American people. We guarantee the rights of the people. When we're called, the American people want to see action from us, boots on the ground.
LTG James R. Helmly
Army Reserve Chief
Commanding General, U.S. Army Reserve Command
Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
CRSC offers military retirees a monthly tax-free compensation that supplements concurrently, their VA disability pay (VA Waiver) and retired pay.
To apply for CRSC, applicants must first meet ALL four of the following criteria AND have at least one rated VA disability determined to have been combat-related:
- Served at least 20 years active duty -OR- Reservist age 60 or older with 20 or more qualifying years (per 10 USC 12731).
- Are in retired status.
- Are entitled to retired pay offset by VA disability payments (VA Waiver).
- Have at least a 10% disability rating.
Combat related disabilities are those incurred with documented proof:
- In the performance of duty under conditions simulating war (e.g. exercises, field training).
- While engaged in hazardous service (e.g. flight, diving, parachute duty.Through an instrumentality of war (e.g. combat vehicles, weapons, Agent Orange).
- As a direct result of armed conflict.
After determining if you are eligible to apply for CRSC, you should document your combat-related injury. Start with the records you have in your possession.
The following groups can be helpful:
- County VA Office Representative.
- Major Veteran or Military Service Organization(s).
- VA Hospital Counselors.
- The Army CRSC office in Alexandria, VA.
- Local Department of Veteran Affairs office:1-800-827-1000.
Veterans Benefits Administration
Visit the CRSC web site for answers to all of your frequently asked questions www.crsc.army.mil or phone the CRSC Service Center at
ARMY-NAVY Football News
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
December 3, 2005 at 2:30 p.m. EST
Radio Broadcasts: Westwood One WDAS 1480AM
TV: CBS (National), KYW-CBS3 (Local), History Channel
Military Channel To Air Live Two-Hour Pregame Show Saturday
Army To Be Featured Nationally