The Future Combat Systems Program is no longer just a drawing board concept. It is becoming a reality!
Dr. Francis J. Harvey
Secretary of the Army
Future Combat Systems Technology Demonstration Day
FUTURE COMBAT SYSTEMS
Future Combat Systems -- An Overview
I. Our Army: "Our Army will remain the pre-eminent land power on Earth-- composed of adaptive and innovative Soldiers, led by experienced Leaders, organized into deployable elements, and enabled by advanced technologies, all of which assure domination in any scenario as directed by our nation."
· Our Nation is at war and will continue to be engaged in a long, evolving conflict against learning, adaptive adversaries-- requiring Soldiers to conduct military operations worldwide, ranging from humanitarian assistance to combat.
· We are building an Army for the future that is the kind of Army we need for the future. Your Army is modernizing in many ways to enable Soldiers and leaders, as part of the Joint Team, to dominate in any environment against current and emerging threats. We must continue to improve how we think, train, organize, and equip.
· Continued and consistent investment in leader development, training and technology guarantees the necessary capabilities, today and in the future, for the American Soldier, the Joint Team, and the Nation.
II. Embedded Future Combat Systems: "Future Combat Systems (FCS) is the Army's modernization program consisting of a family of manned and unmanned systems, connected by a common network, that enables the modular force, providing our Soldiers and leaders with leading-edge technologies and capabilities allowing them to dominate in complex environments."
· Our adversaries are adapting and honing their skills to defeat our current strengths and abilities. Our modular formations, enabled by Future Combat Systems, will ensure our Soldiers and Leaders have the capabilities they need to win decisively when and where the nation calls. The FCS program is the fastest and surest way to modernize the Army.
· The FCS program is a holistic approach to designing and producing a family of manned and unmanned systems that are fully networked, information based, and integrated across the Army as part of the Joint Team. With FCS, the Army takes advantage of technologies as they are developed and expeditiously puts them into the hands of Soldiers.
· Modernization without FCS sacrifices capabilities, decreases integration, and increases costs. If we progress in a traditional way with individual evolutionary enhancements, we surrender our advantage and increase the risk to our Soldiers, and ultimately, to our Nation.
Army Black Knights
Friday, Sept. 23, 2005- IOWA STATE West Point, N.Y. ESPN2 8:00 PM
This game will also be streamed live on AKO.