SENIOR LEADERS ARE SAYING
[T]o truly be successful, transformation must build on those enduring values and rich traditions of the Army. We will keep the best of the past, while transforming to be better able to meet the challenges of the future.
Dr. Francis J. Harvey
Secretary of the Army
- The Army Aviation Modernization Plan
, included in the Army Modernization Plan, describes the changes intended to improve Army capabilities to meet current and future full-spectrum aviation requirements.
- The Aviation Modernization Plan was developed based on a full Doctrine, Organization, Training, Leadership and Education, Materiel, Personnel, and Facilities (DOTLM-PF) analysis that included the integration of lessons learned from recent operations.
- Army Aviation is moving aggressively to:
- Satisfy current and future operational capabilities.
- Modernize the entire fleet while supporting current deployments.
- Rapidly acquire best materiel solutions by facilitating correct and comprehensive Analysis of Alternatives, Joint Capability Integration and Development System and Department of Defense acquisition policies.
- Achieve Joint Interoperability, Modularity and Deployability through Transformation.
The U.S. Army Special Operations Command Parachute Demonstartion Team , The Black Daggers , will perform aerial acrobatics before an estimated crowd 550,000 on Wednesday, 31 Aug., as part of the Atlantic City, N.J. "Thunder Over the Boardwalk" Air Show. For more information, call: (910) 432-8994.
NHRA Top Fuel Dragster Points Champion Tony Schumacher continues his defense of his 2nd points championship in exciting NHRA Drag Racing action, 31 Aug. through 5 Sept., in Indianapolis, Indiana. For more information, contact Tom Tiernan at: (502)626-0170