The nation and the free peoples around the world sleep better tonight because of the willingness of our Soldiers and their loved ones to endure hardships so that others might have a brighter future, specifically, a free and democratic Afghanistan and Iraq.
Dr. Francis J. Harvey
Secretary of the Army
Where do you get your news? The New SoldiersONLINE
The debut of SoldiersONLINE earlier this month marked a new approach to communicating news and information of value to Soldiers and their families.
Located at www.army.mil/soldiers, SoldiersONLINE combines the immediacy of news that affects Soldiers today with the in-depth features reporting of the Soldiers magazine staff.
SoldiersONLINE is designed to save Soldiers time by providing the most sought-after information in one place, rather than having to search many different sites.
Soldiers can find information related to pay, benefits, healthcare, education, family life, daily news, and featured information by simply going to SoldiersONLINE.
SoldiersONLINE improves the capability to provide Soldiers and their families with relevant, accurate and timely information on a daily cycle, combining the daily news operations of ARNEWS with the more in-depth features of the magazine staff.
SoldiersONLINE complements the print publication, Soldiers magazine, which will continue to provide the high-quality information it has always presented.
The All-Army boxing team turned-in its best performance in five years at the 2005 U.S. Amateur Boxing National Championships March 15 to 19 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center. Spc. Christina Brown won a silver medal in the women's 165-pound weight class. Staff Sgt. Christopher Downs and 1st Lt. Boyd Melson won bronze medals in the men's 178- and 152-pound divisions respectively.
Army ProRodeo News from last week's Houston Rodeo:
- Trevor Brazile and Joe Beaver placed 6th in Team Roping finals
- Cody "Hot Sauce" DeMoss laced 10th in the Saddle Bronc finals; ranks 1st in World Standings
- Fred Whitfield Placed 2nd in Tie-Down Roping finals; Ranks 6th in World Standings
- Trevor Brazile Placed 4th in Tie-Down Roping finals; Ranks 5th in All-Around World Standings; 12th in Tie-Down Roping World Standings
- Next stop on the Wrangler ProRodeo Tour: April 3rd, Laughlin River Stampede in Laughlin, NV
- Women's Softball: Mar. 27: Colgate 6, Army 1 (1st game); Army 4, Colgate 1; Mar. 26: Army 9, Colgate 4
- Men's Baseball: Army 1, St. Francis 0; (1st game) Army 10, St. Francis 0. Men's Lacrosse: Army 11, Colgate 4