The M2 .50 cal: Over 80 years of service and counting
Photo Credit: 3rd Sustainment Command Public Affairs
Members of Headquarters Company, 5th Armored Maintenance Battalion, Second Army conduct maneuvers, near Watertown, Tenn., June 6, 1943. Because the 37mm gun was the only field weapon allotted for the battalion's defense, a .50 cal. machine gun was mounted on the front of the 37mm gun vehicle to increase firepower (Photo courtesy U.S. Army Signal Corps)
Page last updated Sat February 28th, 2009 at 10:38