An integrated Army
Photo Credit: U.S. Army
A company of Women's Army Corps members, both black and white, march in formation down Sycamore Street in Petersburg in the summer of 1951. The installation became the first permanent home of the WACs School in 1948 and became fully integrated by 1950. (U.S. Army Women's Museum)
Page last updated Thu February 20th, 2014 at 00:00